Dovetail Sales Not Working Through The Game Interface

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by ARuscoe, Jan 7, 2019.

1. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Seen a few posts on here and steam forums about the sale not working right so putting a post here for the mods (hopefully) to find

When using the store function in game you are given the dovetail store pricing, but on checking out you are given the Steam interface, in the case of the encore sale Steam doesn't have the sale price.

The workaround is to go to the dovetail store (https://store.dovetailgames.com) but this has caused several people issues

2. wolvestrains

wolvestrains Member

when I last looked at it a few days ago, the in game one didnt have any where near as many sales items as the dovetail website had

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. ARuscoe

Hopefully they can fix that too...

4. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

Thanks for reporting this ARuscoe, I've relayed to our Retail Team to look into.

Best, Steve

5. capncol

capncol Member

Been trying to buy some stuff for a while now. Looks like I DT don't want my custom. Also been having trouble with the site in general every time I try to login. I reckon I get about a 10% success rate, this being one of them.
    PS tried to send a ticket but every time I log in it fails. Here's hoping for a speedy fix.
    Colin

6. ARuscoe

What errors are you getting? I login to this site on four different devices on a daily basis and it's never failed...

When you're buying stuff how do you try to do it? Through steam, through DTG website or through the software itself?

7. capncol

capncol Member

The error message is the one where a fairly blank page appears with the message that the website cannot be found. It then gives me the option of refreshing the page or a link to the same site address that I have just tried. This happens when I try to go to the DT store from the website or through the game itself. I tried to access the store through the link provided with various emails from DT regarding sales, but those links never work either. This is an intermittent fault, as my replying to this shows that it appears to be working again. However, I have missed most of the sales (it started from the third day of Christmas sale).

Edit - Just checked again and although I can get on to the forums again, I have just tried to access the store and still no luck. There has to be something with my pc settings that are preventing me from accessing the store but I am not clever enough to figure it out.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  8. ARuscoe

Is this on a single device, on multiple devices in multiple locations? As I say, I have not had any issues at all

9. TrainSim-Daniel

TrainSim-Daniel Active Member

Hi Capncol,

Have you tried using another web browser or clearing your stored cookies for the site?

10. capncol

capncol Member

Afternoon Daniel. Yes I have tried that but the results are the same.
    It seems that the problem arises only when I try to log in. Sometimes (like now) I can get into the forums to reply but not always. I managed to get onto the sales site on my surface pro earlier and did make a purchase :) but at the moment now I can browse okay, but the problem occurs when I try to log on.
    I get the same issues on my work laptop, I can browse but I can't login. Perhaps I will change my password and see if that helps though I would have expected a different error message if that were the case.
    Colin

11. capncol

capncol Member

I think it is now fixed by changing to the internet explorer browser (though needed to update to version 11 to get it to work). Still can't understand why this is an issue as I don't really like the IE browser but hey ho if it works :)
    Colin