Drb 52 "kriegslok" / Dr 52.80 "rekolok" For Tsw

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Aljaž Skarlovnik, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Aljaž Skarlovnik

Aljaž Skarlovnik Active Member

Now that we're getting a German route for TSW, I'm thinking that we could really use the DRB 52s or DR 52.80s in TSW after they figure out how to make steam engines work.

640px-52_4867_HEF_Hafenbahn_Frankfurt_21092008.jpg (DRB 52 Kriegslok)
    Locomotive_BR52-8177-9.jpg
    (DR 52.80 Rekolok)
    (Both images are from Wikipedia)

The Kriegsloks were designed by the Germans during WW2 as a fast, nimble freight locomotive capale of running in the adverse conditions of war. Designed to run on light rail with a low axle load, being able to run at full speed (90km/h / 56mph) both forwards and backwards, as well as being extremely simple to produce and maintain, well over 6000 were built in just 2-3 years, between late 1942 and 1945, and remained in service for years after the war all over Europe. Despite being only designed to last only 5 years, two of them are still rolling coal in Bosnia.

The 52.80 "rekoloks" are essentially rebuilt 52s with improvements to the base design. This class first appeared in the 1960s in East Germany, and outlived West German steam.

Scenarios could be made for either, anything from freight runs to excursion trains.

Did you like the idea? Let me know :)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  2. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

When steam comes to TSW, this should certainly be one of the first German steam locos to be added. German steam was very underrepresented in TS18, hopefully this won't be the case in TSW as well.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Karl456

Karl456 Member

Yes, I totally support this loco. It has be done for TS but unfortunately with a rather poor quality as it was freeware. So if DTG should decide to implement a German steamer, I'd like to see this one first as it is one of the most popular steamers in Germany and some are still in use for some historical special train services. But of course, originally these locos were built to transport freight, so in my opinion some freight scenarios must not be missing at any case!;)
    Furthermore I'd love to see a German BR 01 or a streamlined BR 05 coming to TSW. I can barely imagine something more beautiful and exiting than racing through Germany with a nicely modelled steamer (of course with accurate sounds and physics…)

• Like Like x 2