Dresden Chemnitz And Riesa-dresden: Legends Of The Gdr Pack

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by driverwoods#1787, Jan 14, 2022.

1. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Hi, guys it's me Driverwoods1787 presenting Legends of the GDR Deutsche Reichsbahn train pack for Riesa-Dresden and Tharandter Rampe Dresden Karl Marx Stadt Chemnitz when written in the German language used in former East Germany using the German Wikipedia article. For the German-speaking Members, East Germany proper name is Deutsche Demokratische Republik abbreviated DDR.

Rolling Stock
    DR BR 250

[​IMG]

Familiar to everyone who has to purchase for Ruhr-Sieg Nord with Falns 183 lignite coal load and run them on all German routes. This one is in the Original Deutsche reichsbahn ddr Dark red paint. In this Legends pack, it will do Mix traffic job joining DR BR132,243 & V100.

Comes with the following wagons: the Städteexpress Orange and Beige coach White & Green DR-Y Wagen UIC Information is from the German Wikipedia. Followed by Rekowagen Restaurant car or a set of Rekowagen that are shared with DR BR132 DR243 & V100s and freight wagons.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rekowagen Restaurant Coach
    [​IMG]

Freight Wagons are going to be pulled by DR BR250 132 V100 & 243. Information is from the German Wikipedia
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Additional freight wagons of Deutsche Reichsbahn DDR this is located at Dresden Friedrichstadt

[​IMG]
    DR BR243
    [​IMG]
    The mixed traffic locomotive for Riesa-Dresden Tharandter Rampe Dresden Chemnitz and Ruhr Sieg Nord. Chemnitz is written as Karl Marx Stadt to fit the theme of the Deutsche Reichsbahn ddr legends pack. Comes with Städteexpress Orange and Beige coaches with Rekowagen Restaurant cars Freight wagons followed by the double-decker coaches first-generation DR Green Paint. Special Paint white lady
    [​IMG]

DDR Deutsche Reichsbahn Doppelstockwagen 1950s Style

[​IMG]

Picture is by Jens Baumhauer on Bahnbilder.De

2nd style of Deutsche Reichsbahn DDR Doppelstockagen 1st Generation Deutsche Bahn Post German Reunification in original Green Paint & White Paint

[​IMG]
    Picture is by Hansjörg Brutzer on bahnbilder.de.
    DR BR132
    The next Locomotive is the DR BR 132 in the original Dark Red & white Paint scheme. Post-German Reunification classification is DB BR232 the upcoming DLC locomotive for Ruhr Sieg Nord. Comes with Freight Wagons Orange & Beige Stadtseexpress coach with Rekowagen Restaurant Cars like the DR BR 250 & 243
    [​IMG]

Video of DR BR132 Stadtseexpress. Location is the Inselbahn suggested by MrSouthernDriver Selbay1608 & clemenstrainNr9036. Video taken is post-German Reunification in 2018

DR V100
    [​IMG]

The last locomotive in this list of GDR Deutsche Reichsbahn locomotives Legends pack is the DR V100 known to Main Spessart Bahn Owners as DB BR204 for Aschaffenburg Port services. Now comes in the original Deutsche Reichsbahn DDR Dark Red Paint. In service mode, this will do Shunting both Passenger Wagons from DR BR132 243 & 250 followed by Freight Shunting reusing wagons from DR BR132 243 & 250 and lastly branch Freight services & Passenger services using DR BR243 Dostppelstockwagen. Additionally on GDR Legends Riesa-Dresden DTG should build the Rbf Dresden Friedrichstadt Branch so that the DR V100 gets more use instead of Running the VEB Silikon-Chemie Nünchritz shuttle jobs from Riesa Gbf which is the flaw on Present day Riesa-Dresden DB Baureihe 363. Inside Rbf Dresden Friedrichstadt DR V100 will do the same jobs as its US equivalent of the same age the EMD GP38-2 SD40 SD40-2 Sand Patch Grade Sherman Hill Shunting and forming a departing train from Dresden Friedrichstadt Automated Hump Yard. For Rangierbahnhof Friedrichstadt DR V100 prepares the jobs for DR BR132 243 & 250 services. If made for TSW 3 Which allow services to go past midnight as seen on Schnellfahrstrecke Hannover Würzburg freight some of the DR V100s will be taken out of service. Physics wise DR V100 Legends of the GDR version is improved over the original version from Main Spessart Bahn Since the transmission does not operate like a car which is a known issue with Main Spessart Bahn version.

Set-Up of the Main Yard GDR Legends Dresden Friedrichstadt
    The map is in the German Language
    [​IMG]
    Has a Bw for DR V100 243 132 250. Future add on the U-Boat DR BR119
    Concussion
    This proposed Legends Pack will immerse the player in the Deutsche Reichsbahn DDR operations on Tharandter Rampe & Riesa-Dresden in 1980s upto German Reunification. Giving TSW 2 a taste of the Ostalgie German Language term for East German Nostalgia. For an added bonus if Present-day versions of these locomotives from Main Spessart Bahn Ruhr Sieg Nord Riesa-Dresden & Dresden-Chemnitz are owned then these East German paint schemes can be used as an Alternate Paint job for DB BR 155 232 143 & 204. Alternatively, they can do present-day services if DTG wanted them to run like TVL & NTP rail tours on ECW BML & Cathcart Circle or substitute in normal services like CRR SD40 appearing on Sand Patch Grade. Legends of the GDR when substituted on Present-Day German routes like the West German Koln-Aachen Rhein-Ruhr Munchen-Augsburg will add colour variety instead of traffic Red Paint which is a trademark of all German Routes in-game. Additionally, if cross-border routes are made from Germany to Netherlands & Belgium Duisburg Oberhausen Arnhem and Aachen Liege these can actually form a Railtour service East Berlin Marienborn Helmstedt Aachen or Duisburg Oberhausen Arnhem Utrecht Basically waiting for a Belgian and Dutch locomotive to take them over. In the case of Schnellfahrstrecke Köln Aachen DR BR132 250 243 railtour stops at Düren or Stolberg for SNCB HLE16 to run it towards Liege via Aachen. Overall these are the reasons why Legends of the GDR DDR in the German-speaking TSW2 community should be made for TSW 2. With TSW 3 owners of Legends of the GDR loco pack will find them in the new training centre even to the point of maxing them out on the Kassel Wurzburg line as a substitute Nightjet Fulda-Kassel since it contains a DR GDR Y-wagen sleeper carriage Rekowagen Restaurant carriage the Pack answer to NTP Mk1 buffet. Additionally owners of this pack can also find Deutsche Reichsbahn Städteexpress DR-Y Wagen Orange and cream paired up to my other suggestion from Belgium L36 by having the Alstom Nez Casse HLE18 pull up next to them inside Düren for Brussels Midi

Last edited: May 5, 2023
    • Like Like x 17
  2. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

We really need some German stuff that isn't extremely modern. This looks like a cool pack of locomotives to have. :)

• Like Like x 4
  3. pipanminuta#9703

pipanminuta#9703 Well-Known Member

Yes, we need DR trains!

• Like Like x 2
  4. driverwoods#1787

These date back to the 1970s-1980s. The Rekowagen were built in the 1920s pre world war II and then Reconstructed by the East German Railways in the 1950s-1960s.

• Like Like x 2
  5. driverwoods#1787

I agree and for Modern German routes it's going to make them like Sand Patch Grade with Clinchfield RR SD40 appearing. If you have Rhein-Ruhr Osten and Main Spessart Bahn Aschaffenburg-Gemünden with Riesa-Dresden Tharandter Rampe DR DDR legends pack you'll find the DR BR250 useful for Steep sections of the line. If older Belgian locomotives like SNCB/NMBS HLE18 Alstom HLE16 are made for SKA my GDR legends pack can interact with those at Aachen Rothe Erde

Last edited: Mar 24, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  6. tehangrybird345

tehangrybird345 Well-Known Member

It would be nice to get some classic German rolling stock

• Like Like x 3
  7. driverwoods#1787

I agree and there's two Rekowagen and the DR Y-Wagen these can do Tharandter Rampe and Riesa-Dresden GDR Legends pack. If present day versions are used these can substitute there as a railtour same for Main Spessart Bahn HRR RRO RSN HMA Hamburg-Lübeck.

• Like Like x 1
  8. tehangrybird345

I definitely would love to see some old dostos

• Like Like x 1
  9. driverwoods#1787

Absolutely agree with you because they are just simply recycling the existing 4th generation Dostos this one will give the community older Dostos.

• Like Like x 1
  10. tehangrybird345

I also would like the 5th gens and the self propelled ones but they wouldn’t fit in this pack

• Like Like x 1
  11. driverwoods#1787

12. SHELBY230586

SHELBY230586 Well-Known Member

The nice thing is that we already have some of the vehicles in the game and only small changes have to be made there.
    How happy I would be to see the Deutsche Reichsbahn double-deck coaches. Yes we definitely need more old material for TSW2.

13. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

...nice idea, would be great to have such a DLC pack. But actually the locos are just repaints of existing (or soon to be released) addons from DTG, Rivet and TSG. However the "Y"- or "Reko" wagons are something special and would fit perfectly for an own GDR or East German route from the 80s or for today's nostalgic special trains. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. driverwoods#1787

Ok then and instead of those locomotives which GDR locomotives should I pair the Y and Reko wagen with? For me a Dampflok like the 18 201 65.10 52.80 or Diesel 118 119 U boat

• Like Like x 1
  15. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

100% agree, veteran DR (and DB) locos and stock long overdue.

• Like Like x 2
  16. driverwoods#1787

I agree and the game needs older DR Freight Waggons not the modern types which will be recycled. I see this pack running the Museum Trains in TSW 2 era 7 German routes. Even better is this pack interacting with my Belgian Suggestion L37 Aachen Liege railway where you swap the DR BR132 for HLE16 at Duren or Aachen Hbf. There is a con to this

• Like Like x 1
  17. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

...a BR119 "U-Boot" would be nice. This type was mostly used on branch lines, like the "Reko" wagons too. The modernized BR229 version even pulled "IR" trains on main lines. Of course the BR18 201 (fastest operational steam loco in the world) isn't on the horizon yet, but this thing would be amazing to drive. In order to appeal to the West German audience as well, the route could be set in the early 90s, ideally in a former border region. Perhaps between Hof and Plauen (Bavaria and Saxony). So DB and DR traffic can be mixed. Even without a new route a nostalgic pack would be the easiest way to get such DLC out. I totally agree. ;)

Last edited: Jul 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  18. driverwoods#1787

You mean via the old Inner German Border station of Gutenfürst. 18 201 does run Tharandter Rampe as a museum train from Dresden Altstadt to Chemnitz Hillbersdorf

• Like Like x 1
  19. Schuppenheizer

Schuppenheizer Member

If the TSW2 BR204 had the same physics like TSC BR204, we did a big step. But currently the tsw BR204 is really bad.

20. driverwoods#1787

Good point and are you suggesting that the legends of the GDR get a new DB BR204 because the Rivet Games 204 will struggle up Flöha gradient In both directions as a local freight/shunter from Karl Marx Stadt or Dresden Friedrichstadt

21. driverwoods#1787

I agree and if you go to my Creators Cub I did make a Deutsche Reichsbahn Dosto paint. So far I've made a DR Dosto DB BR363 as a DR V60 future plan a DR BR175 for DB BR406 TSW 3 DB BR403 401

22. Caravatt

Caravatt Active Member

WOW, Ludmilla, is it you? :cool: And those old Dostos... First day purchase for me!

Last edited: Mar 28, 2024 at 1:36 AM
  23. daanloman#3930

daanloman#3930 Active Member

loco dlc or an addition like this as they did with Diesel Legends of the GWR is something that I would immediately buy. this older stock can add to railtours on modern routes, run on older routes like Linke Rheinstrecke and Niddertalbahn. and of course some of the rolling stock is still used to this day by private operators. the yard could prove difficult but should be able to be realized I'd hope. new routes are cool but this is even better.

• Like Like x 1
  24. darrentee01

darrentee01 Member

All of the rolling stock listed in the photos in one pack I take it? ,,,,dream on people!!!!
    Still good idea!

• Like Like x 1
  25. -_-LivvuAurora-_-

-_-LivvuAurora-_- Well-Known Member

I like this! This'd be amazing ngl, especially GDR stuff. Fingers crossed :D

26. Caravatt

Caravatt Active Member

Basically it would be enough to remove the EBuLa screen from the cabins of BR243 and BR204. In addition to backdating security systems.

27. driverwoods#1787

Me too however if you try running them at the West German line speeds 120-280 kmh 75-175 mph you will actually fall off the schedule remember the maximum speed in the German Democratic Republic was 120 kmh 75 mph.

• Like Like x 1
  28. mkraehe#6051

mkraehe#6051 Well-Known Member

I would like to point out that Dresden-Riesa was pretty much an entirely different route in GDR times. Major changes have been made to it since reunification as part of the VDE9 project. For example, among other things:
    • Instead of four tracks DD-Neustadt to Coswig, there were just three, and only to Radebeul Ost
    • There wasn't a connection between the lines to Leipzig and Berlin around Priestewitz, and the Berlin line had stations served by regional trains on it
    • The Marienbrücke in Dresden was completely replaced after reunification; the old one had only four tracks
    • Dresden-Neustadt freight yard had an active intermodal terminal
    • Dresden-Neustadt passenger station had a completely different track layout, and semaphore signals
    This would be a whole new route, rather than just a few tweaks to an existing one.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  29. driverwoods#1787

Thanks for telling me about that how about Bahnstrecke Dresden Chemnitz Werdau Tharandter Rampe was it the same as in game or different? GDR era name for Chemnitz was Karl Marx Stadt.

30. mkraehe#6051

mkraehe#6051 Well-Known Member

Most of Tharandter Rampe has Ks signals, so I'm sure they made some changes to the real-life route when they put those in, Chemnitz Hbf got changed quite a bit when the Tram-Trains were introduced, some stuff must have happened in Freital because the bridges there look quite new, and you'd still have the same problems with Dresden Hbf, but it would definitely be more suitable than Dresden-Leipzig.