Dresden Flughafen Extension

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Mateiule, Aug 27, 2022.

1. Mateiule

Mateiule Active Member

With TSW3 and new features announced, I think now is a perfect time to bring the other Riesa - Dresden branch, the S2 to the airport. I think now is a perfect time, for the following reasons

- The community's trust in DTG is now at an all time low, and bringing some content for free may help rectify it.
    - There will (maybe?) be an update to give it TSW3 features anyway, so in that time the line could get a touch-up.
    - The line, the signaling, the services and some scenery already exist either fully or partially. Also it is not that long at 12km and 4 stations
    - The new lighting could (maybe?) make the tunnel section easier
    - A new German route was leaked, the Niddertalbahn. This almost certainly means a DMU is coming, and DMUs run on the majority of the branchline, up to Dresden-Klotzsche.

As such, I say the iron is hot for us to finally get the entire line!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Why would they do it for free?

if they did do it for free - that’s just going to upset people that don’t own it especially those that don’t like German routes. They‘ll want something as well.

It is doubtful the route will be upgrade the route to TSW3 features. They have already said it requires a lot of work and of all the routes in TSW2 this is one of the best for lighting, in my opinion, so why would they?

In my opinion, the way to restore trust with the community is to fix broken stuff, and start delivering better quality in the first place. Not give away free stuff to those that like German routes.

Aside from that, it would be good to have the Flughafen Branch. But would it be an add on I‘d pay for? No probably not. SEH isn’t really an extension, it’s a significant upgrade of a route with a completely rebuilt timetable. I personally don’t think that just adding the Flughafen Branch is anywhere near enough to warrant the same treatment. If, I‘m going to pay for a route extension I want more than one small branch line.

3. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Zzzz

another post suggesting people work for free. What is education today doing to people.

• Like Like x 1