Dresden-riesa Randoms Spads And Dispatcher Confusion

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by fabienlimp95, Nov 10, 2021.

1. fabienlimp95

fabienlimp95 Well-Known Member

Plattform PS4 :

I've experienced a couple of random "train passed Red Signal, Service failed" massages while playing DRA (Timetable Mode) In those cases I definitely didn't go over a red signal so it must came from AI Trains. Here's the thing : they occur completey random. You can restart the same Service and maybe won't get the SPAD message. Often happend to me when driving towards DD Hauptbahnhof. But it happend on the Riesa side of the route aswell. So I have no possibility to recreate these problems. Its especially frustrating if you about to finish the Service and then it fails randomly, without you haven't done anything wrong.

The second problem in DRA is the Dispatcher. I tried the 9:23 am Service (Freight train from DD - Riesa) as I got an immediately green signal to leave Dresden Hauptbahnhof and then run into a red (about the height of DD Freiberger Str Station) and kept there. There is an another Freight Train driving towards Dresden Hauptbahnhof which is held at a red signal at Dresden Mitte. This train is blocking the Path even it seems that he has a clear track to drive on.

I've checked in passenger mode what's going on : now that you not driving the 9:23 freight train, it is being held close after DD Hauptbahnhof and the freight train coming in the opposite direction is cleared through Dresden Mitte and keep on, clearing the track so the 9:23 can start and it's not stuck at a red signal. So i assume the Dispatcher giving you 'wrong' prioritisation.

Still a lot of work on this fantastic route !

• Like Like x 1
  2. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

DTG JD please have a look as this friend's feedback is very assertive.

I also have PS4 and I share the same problem friend, I did a service and took a SPAD, restarted and it worked normal, not to mention when the game crashes mainly on stations in Dresden, I always save the game from station to station or in services load every certain mileage.

In Dresden you need to be very lucky, not to get a SPAD, not to crash, to save the game and when you need to return from where you saved it, hope that the loaded game is not all broken and you cannot complete it (The train's PIS never normalizes when you load, whether in Dresden or Hamburg-Lubeck) I own all the German routes, I really like the Dresden route, but I feel immensely frustrated that I can't enjoy it, given the numerous problems cited here.

• Like Like x 3
  3. sergio volodstok

sergio volodstok Active Member

These random SPADs have totally broken this route. I noticed these started occurring after the patch that expanded the freight timetable.

4. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

I have this too. Because yesterday was a holiday one of my goals was to advance my journey on both Dresden and Boston. I immediately remembered why I hadn't advanced on both those routes. The journeys are impossible to complete. In Boston there is scenario with a depot that will derail you and in Dresden you get stuck by a train not wanting to move on the Freight Riesa Dresden scenario in the journey.

5. Mayerling

Mayerling Member

I've been playing a ton of Dresden lately and I haven't had any random SPADs (I did have them several weeks ago, but this has ceased to be a problem). I also haven't had any game crashes lately, however I had them several weeks ago.

I tried to replicate the problem with OPs issue with the 09:23 freight service on Dresden, and can confirm this Service is indeed broken. I don't get a random SPAD, but I do run into a red light that can't change because the switch ahead (point) is set incorrectly, so the opposing train is also stuck at a red. There are a few broken services on this route, but the vast majority have worked fine for me (I've completed 40+ of them).

I sympathize greatly with not being able to complete Journey Mode, as its my primary Mode for playing a route. As for that infamous service in the Boston Journey, it's at least completable if you go around the depot and back in. But don't let not completing a journey service keep you from moving on to other journey services, and other services on an otherwise fantastic Dresden route. It's much more stable today than it was a few weeks ago.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. fabienlimp95

fabienlimp95 Well-Known Member

It's strange. On some Days (or Services) there are no problems Whatsoever. On others I have a lot of these problems. (Right after my first Post I drove a Freight Train from Dresden to Röderau and about 10k to my destination I got the random SPAD again)

The Problem with the Gamecrashes appear to come when there are a lot of trains around DD Hauptbahnhof. The Performance problems are pretty well known so I thought there is no point in pointing to that again, DTG is aware of it.

Thank you @Meyerling for recreating the Problem with the 9:23 Service, it's helpful to know if these problems are Personal or as in this case a general problem.

I just have to say that DRA, in my opinion, is a fantastic route ! But it's flawed and it deserved to be brought up to the 'right' level of enjoyment.

• Like Like x 1
  7. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

Do they ever fix these journeys? I started today on HLL and I already got a red signal bugged scenario in journey mode and I didn't even make it to the end of the first part of the journey. Is there a list all the journeys that are not completable? HLL is really a waste of money if that journey already breaks after 5 services. I only play journey mode