1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Driving Off The Peninsula Route

Discussion in 'Xbox Discussion' started by deans.ma, Mar 16, 2020.

1. deans.ma

deans.ma Member

Hello Everyone,

I have joined this forum to share to you all how I have discovered how one can drive their train off the Peninsula Corridor Map.

I should start with a bit of context here...

I had just completed operating an empty Union Pacific Dirt Train from Newhall Yard (Santa Clara) to Pier 96 (just north of Bayshore). After successfully completing the scenario, I went to the "back to free roam" option and started driving my train down the quite long Pier 96 spur. Before reaching the end I decided to f**k it and ramp up the engines into notch 8 and crash into the building at the end of the spur.

Instead of derailing all over the place, my train just kept going, ON INVISIBLE TRACK! Never ending- straight off the map. The train just kept going! I still had full control of the train from the engineer's seat.

The fun ended when I accidentally pressed "Y" on my controller and leaped out of the cab and the game through my character into a complete abyss.

I don't have the slightest clue as to what caused this.

Apologies if I'm not the first person to discover this and I'm just wasting everybody's time.

-Dean

P.S. Can someone tell me how to change my username?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  2. JohnnyK98

JohnnyK98 Well-Known Member

That's the way it is sometimes. One day you're hauling freight, and then next you're crashing 200 km/h into the nearest building. ;)

But yes, I've seen this once before on the TSW Community club on Xbox (join us if you haven't already). I want to try it out now.
    Thanks for sharing this with us!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Merseydmu

Merseydmu New Member

Hi i may be really stupid but where is the pier? and is it on the xbox version of the game? Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  4. Captaintraincrash

Captaintraincrash Active Member

Hahaha ive wanted to do that lol

• Like Like x 1
  5. Olaf the Snowman

Olaf the Snowman Well-Known Member

With regards to changing username, you need to contact a moderator. Generally speaking, you cannot change your username unless you’ve made your identity obvious and therefore is a security risk (e.g. you’re username is your full name which is fairly common for new users to do not really thinking when they sign up to a forum).

Your username doesn’t fall in that category but you can try your luck by asking a moderator. I think the answer is usually no simply because then everyone is going to keep asking to change the their username.

• Like Like x 1
  6. deans.ma

deans.ma Member

Huh - I'm assuming theres a good reason for that...? Not sure why people can't just freely change their names.

-Dean

• Like Like x 1
  7. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

Since threads are usually made up by "conversations" between users it would get a bit chaotic if members could randomly change their names.

You mean you're not called Olaf!? And you're not a snowman!!? :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. Tomas9970

Tomas9970 Well-Known Member

I saw a username changed once but that was because of a typo. I think it was "Black diamond" who mistakenly typed his name as "Back diamond" and got it fixed by a moderator.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2020