Dtg Forums In-game

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Coastway trainspotter, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

It would be good if in the game menu , next to the store and dtg live buttons , there was an option to go to the dovetail forums , instead of having to get your phone , open the tab , then find the thread you want , you can just go straight to the forums , I think it would save lots people lots of time

• Like Like x 1
  2. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

or just pressing Shift tab when in game on Steam

• Like Like x 1
  3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Might be helpful for those on console. On PC you just kick off your browser, especially for those lucky enough to have multiple monitors.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Coastway trainspotter

But what if I’m not on steam . The majority of TSW2 players are on console , and this thread is kind of geared towards that majority

5. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

well most people are on PC due to TSW only exist on PC before but now on all 3

6. ARuscoe

DTG have confirmed that the player base is very evenly spread across each platform, so approx 33% xbox, 33% PS and 33% PC
    So there are more console players than PC in reality

7. Coastway trainspotter

Yep , that is accurate, however I thought there were more players on PlayStation than Xbox ?

8. ARuscoe

I don't actually care overmuch. More a case of "let's treat everyone equally" and right now they are, everyone has to go out of game to see the forums so they either keep it that way, or find a way to put them in game.
    Personally I don't see a reason to put them in game, but I have a plethora of ways of viewing web pages and don't need to see it within the window of the game

9. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

As a PC player I don't need this feature, but I also would have no problems with an extra button being added.

Aye, I can imagine the horrors of navigating a forum with a phone.

I'm happy I have a PC, with a big monitor and keyboard. Makes it so much easier to use forums. No idea how I'd do without :P

10. ARuscoe

Do it all the time, it's very little difference. Some things get abbreviated and the menus are a bit of a pain but other than that it's fine. My advice would be buy a tablet for £100 and use that. Much easier (and probably better than any in game version would be)

11. Coastway trainspotter

No , it is an absolute pain on an iPad as well

12. ARuscoe

not that much different
    Literally switched to mobile to post this and managed to get done in much the same way. I guess it depends on people’s technical competencies

13. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Even if you get on to the forum through the game you still have to find the thread you want. It won’t magic you to the right one, so I can’t see it being much of a time saver. As long as it doesn’t add an extra screen to click through on opening the game or use any precious memory then having a link through to the forum can’t harm anyone. I’d never use it though.

I pick up my iPad and I’m in the forum in seconds. It would take longer getting to it through the PS4 and be clunkier to use, I reckon. I use Safari so it is the full version of the browser not a mobile version. The forum works a treat. I can even be on the forum while driving a train.

• Like Like x 1