Dtg Need To Learn From Astragon / Still Alive

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Railfan1985, Oct 14, 2021.

1. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

I play bus sim 21 and TSws2 regularly. Both are fantastic games. Both are full of bugs. There is one major difference though: Astragon/ Still alive are far more honest, open and communicative. They not only quickly acknowledge any issues, they also fix what they can asap. I follow bus simulator on facebook and have noticed the massive difference in communications. For example one person asked if any dlc was planned. Their reply in a nutshell was that no dlc was planned until things were fixed. The latest update fixed a hell of lot of issues, with the next one incoming shortly. Check them out, THIS is how you solve problems and keep folks happy. I appreciate the hard work DTG staff do, but you all need to slow down and think about things. I want to purchase dlc such as rush hour, but i can't, because of the bugs and framerate issues. Massive changes are needed, and quickly. No more excuses, no more bs. Focus more on current content, and less on future content.

• Like Like x 3
  2. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I've been playing bus simulator 21 and I've enjoyed it on my series x to be honest. I mostly just use the sandbox mode as I don't really find the campaign very interesting and I just wanted to make much longer routes and have all the buses at once. I do like the communication from the devs as well. I got the extended edition for $17 on ebay which was a steal. I got it a few weeks after launch once they fixed some issues. $49.99/$54.99 for a game that had all the issues at launch seemed a bit too much in my opinion but at least they want to fix as much as they can before they release dlcs compared to dtg.

Don't really get why the console version is more expensive than the pc version though

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
  3. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

Tallboy7648 i agree with you on console and pc prices. Doesn't make sense since you get the same content. I can't complain though, It's a fantastic game. Just wish ai buses would pull out rather wait after loading lol

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lion-Face

Lion-Face Member

I believe it comes down to royalties. There are royalties that have to be paid to the console manufacturers, sony/microsoft/nintendo, where pc doesn't have those same royalties. Sony/Microsoft I believe are roughly the same price, Nintendo are a little higher. So if a company wants to make the same amount of coin from their game across all platforms, the consoles will be more expensive with this extra fee to release content on console.

• Like Like x 1
  5. xi haoyu china

xi haoyu china Active Member

pc is better than other because everyone can get and is more less cheap

6. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Not exactly true.

Yeah, consoles are cheaper, but you get the entire thing there, no need to go get a Graphics Card, a new Processor or whatnot to get the best performance possible, consoles (for the best part) have that all in a conclusive package.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1