Dtg - Please Give Us Option To Turn Of Motion Blur For Wheels Only On Tsw2 Rolling Stock

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by pveezy, Nov 5, 2022.

1. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

Motion blur on the wheels of TSW2 locos and rolling stock looks terrible. It’s always looked terrible. It looked terrible in TSW2 and also on TSW2 locos in TSW3.

It doesn’t seem like it will ever be fixed. They fixed it on new TSW3 stock but those changes are to the locos themselves and not the core game cause using the older ones brings back that same awful looking blur.

You can fix the issue by turning off motion blur. Then the wheels just spin as their 3D wheels without that weird 90s sprite looking effect showing up. The wheels actually look fine this way in motion. BUT, the rest of the game looks weird, because there’s no more motion blur on the rail ties or passing scenery.

So, the solution seems painfully obvious, give us a way to turn off motion blur for TSW2 wheels ONLY but leave it on for the rest of the game environment.

I hope this gets looked into some way because that wheel blur totally ruins the otherwise good modelling of the TSW2 era rolling stock. It was always bad but now it stands out even more because the TSW3 wheels are much better.

• Like Like x 1
  2. maxipolo12

maxipolo12 Well-Known Member

3. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

"You can please some of the people all of the time and you can please all of the people some of the time, but you cannot please all of the people all of the time," Abraham Lincoln.

4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing the other day, Turning it off completely still works of course but I much prefer everything else with it on. I’m not entirely sure the option for selective motion blur would even be possible, otherwise they would have implemented it years ago for the very issue we are talking about. We already know DTG are very unlikely to go through all their old locos and change the whole animation process to match the new content. We may be stuck with it I’m afraid.

5. captaingunadeep

captaingunadeep Active Member

As they already said they can't do that for any older locos before Steam locos as they have to redo the whole loco if they want to remove motion blur from older locos. They have learned some design technique to eliminate motion blur from steam loco wheels which will be carried forward to all new locos.

So yeah you can not expect to have an update