Dtg York - P'boro: Two Issues...

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by GASmith1978, Nov 28, 2020.

1. GASmith1978

GASmith1978 New Member

Hi...
    I have just finished building a scenario DTG York-Peterborough (normal scenario not a QD), however I have two issues with it:

First one: when I instruct the players train to stop at Doncaster (any platform), the approach signals just stop me outside of the station and do not give me a path into any of the platforms.
    I know that I have instructed the player train correctly and there is no conflicting AI issues as I ran the scenario as a template before adding any AI stock.
    To make the scenario playable I instructed the player train to bypass stopping at Doncaster and make it a through service using the "up fast" road through Doncaster station, however I still get preceding signals on the approach flashing double amber then single amber (looking for a subsidiary route) and then the final signal jumps from steady yellow to green on passing.

Second one: AP's GNER 225 set (DVT leading) will not move away from Platform 3 at York but it will however happily move away from any other platform at York. (It now departs from Platform 5.)

Does anybody know exactly what the issues are and, if possible, how they can be rectified? TIA.

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Platform 3 at York
    If you have a Class 91/DVT set in P3 then the loco will be beyond the signal at the other end
    If the loco is on the Scarborough line it won't work as it is not electrified.

I have found faults with a number of signals on that route -
    I doubt they will get fixed as DTG did not make the route but just distribute it.

Peter