Dtgx Freight Cars

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by pschlik, Sep 26, 2017.

1. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

I don't think it takes much to say that right now we have a very limited number of freight cars.
    The FKA and HKA are nothing compared to all that rushes around the UK.
    The 6 cars with CSX (8 if you want to include what will come with the GP40-2) are reasonable, but still lacking many important train car types-like reefers, TOFC, flatbeds, high-cube boxcars, to name a few.

As such, I think more freight rolling stock would be a good idea to add in, but instead of wasting time putting all new freight into one railroad's paint job, one car at a time, I think it would be smart to make generic leased paint jobs (DTGX) in a freight car mega pack. Ideally, one pack with just about every type of freight car imaginable, with each pack referring to a region of the world. (EX; DTGX North America freight car pack, UK DTGX freight car pack, European DTGX...etc)
    By being generic, these freight cars could be used on any route in their appropriate country, which would give a lot of use to them. Compared to just doing every train car ever...but in CSX/DBS, which would only be applicable on certain routes. It's the perfect way to spice up variety a lot (especially with consist randomization) AND get a lot of rolling stock done (do it now, and later on it will only need repaints, not entirely new models) while making it the kind of DLC that could be maintained and used for years to come.

[Railroads (especially in the US) do use a lot of leased train cars, and not so often ones in their own paint, so the realism factor is still there too-in fact, doing this would probably be more realistic than trying to do the same but all in a railroad paint job.]

I can see if right now focusing on all the freight cars would be a bit much, but someday they all have to get done, and if they are done like this, they don't need to be redone over and over.

• Like Like x 5
  2. StevenJam

StevenJam Member

This would be a great thing to see! Most trains nowadays seem to have minimal cars in their own company paint, unless a MOW train.