1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railroad (1950's)

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by Buynot, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Buynot

Buynot Well-Known Member

The Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range (DM&IR) is an ore hauling railroad in Northern Minnesota. Formed through a merger in 1937, the DM&IR hauls iron ore to several ports along the great lakes, where the ore was loaded onto barges to be shipped out. During the steam era, the railroad was most commonly known for its massive 2-8-8-4 Yellowstone locomotives. These locomotives were built by the Baldwin Locomotive Works in the early 1940's, and some deemed them to be the most powerful steam locomotives to ever be built. The railroad also had some lesser known 2-10-4's, 2-8-0's, and 0-6-0's. I feel that this route would make a great addition to train simulator, with plenty of big steam to choose from.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Upvote Upvote x 4
    • Downvote Downvote x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Joeman143

Joeman143 New Member

Love it, want it, NOW.

3. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

Great Idea. If done, operators need to be able to load and unload the iron ore cars. That would be great. I definitely want the Yellowstones and other steam. If we get diesel DLC later on, I want SD9s, SD38s, and/or SD18s.

4. andrew.umlauft1

andrew.umlauft1 New Member

The DM&IR is a brilliant proposal since we already have the Bessemer and Lake Erie.

• Upvote Upvote x 1