Dutch Route: The Valleilijn (the Valley Line)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by creeperblox2710, Mar 8, 2021.

?
  1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. creeperblox2710

creeperblox2710 Well-Known Member

Hello Everyone, Today i suggest a Small and Special Route from the Netherlands: The Valleilijn

The Valleilijn is a small Line that goes through Ede and Barneveld and Terminates at Amersfoort

Stations

Ede-Wageningen
    [​IMG]

Ede-Wageningen is the Southern Terminus of the Valeilijn. It is Served by 3 Intercity Series, 1 Sprinter Serie and of course the Valeilijn.

Ede-Centrum
    [​IMG]

Ede-Centrum is the 1st Stop after Ede-Wageningen and is the local Train Station for the Centrum of Ede. The Station opened in 1902 and currently only has 1 Platform.

Barneveld Zuid
    [​IMG]

Barneveld Zuid is one of the newest Stations on the Valeilijn and is served by 2 Stoptrein Services, one of them Terminating here.

Hoevelaken
    [​IMG]

Hoevelaken is one of the Stations on the Valeilijn to have more than 1 Platform and is one of the newest Stations. The Station is located on the Oerserspoorweg (Amersfoort - Apeldoorn Line) but is not served by Sprinter nor Intercity Services.

Amersfoort Centraal
    [​IMG]
    Amersfoort Centraal is the Terminus of the Valeilijn and is served by 8 Intercity Services, 3 Sprinter Services, one of them Terminating here, 1 Night-Intercity Service and the DB IC Line 77 from Amsterdam to Berlin.

Rolling Stock
    Protos
    [​IMG]

The Protos is a EMU built by the German Company Fahrzeugtechnik Dessau. A Prototype of the Protos was shown at the InnoTrains 2006. These Trains went In Services in 2007 and are still being used by Connexxion on the Valleilijn. 6 units were built, 5 of them going into Service and each of them being 2 Cars long.

Flirt 3
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

^ 1st Class Interior
    The Flirt 3 is a Train that is used in many Countries as an Regional/Commuter Train. Only 2 Trains were built for the Valleilijn and got Into Service in 2018 and are still being used.

Extras
    Some of the Trains got named after a Person the following Trains will be shown below:
    Flirt 5038 = Conny Bieze
    Protos 5031 = Henk Lambooij
    Protos 5033 = Hans van Daalen
    Protos 5035 = Marijke van Haaran

The Route can also be merged with the Amsterdam-Arnhem Line (suggestion by me), the Amsterdam-Amersfoort Line (suggestion by Purno) and the Enschede-Amersfoort Line (suggestion by jolojonasgames)

There are 2 Services on the Valleilijn:
    Stoptrein 31300 | Amersfoort Centraal - Hoevelaken - Barnevald Noord - Barnevald Centrum - Barnevald Zuid - Luntereren - Ede Centrum - Ede Wageningen
    Monday to Saturday: 2x per Hour
    Evenings and Sunday: 1x per Hour
    Stoptrein 31400 | Amersfoort Centraal- Hoevelaken - Bernevald Noord - Barnevald Centrum - Barnevald Zuid
    Monday to Saturday: 2x per Hour
    Evenings and Sunday: 1x per Hour

And that Concludes this Suggestion, feel free to comment on this Post.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  2. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

This would be fun to see. I'd prefer to see a NS route first because of the iconic paint scheme, but this route seems really fun too. Added it to the map.

3. carlingamesnl

carlingamesnl Member

i really like this suggestion because it is a line i see trains of on my daily commute.
    i also think my route('s) would fit in at the extra's section because they both go trough Amersfoort centraal amersfoort-zwolle/utrecht-appeldoorn