Dx12 And Livery Designer: Any Ideas?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by solicitr, Mar 17, 2021.

1. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I love Livery Designer, and love operating on a route populated with my own paint jobs.

I would also love to enjoy the performance benefits that come with DX12 (not officially supported by TSW2). However, in my experience, running under DX12 invariably and automatically crashes the game whenever it comes into contact with LD, whether it's opening the LD app itself, selecting a custom livery in timetable mode, or even opening a service in a DTG default livery, if the route has any modded rolling stock in. it. In short, insofar as I have experienced, DX12 and Livery Designer get on like Diet Coke and Mentos.

However, some PC users report running under DX12 and having no problems using LD at the same time. And if that's so, then how do they do it? Any thoughts or suggestions?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
  2. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Turn it off. It is not supported, you do not need it and indeed it may cause crashes. Why exactly do you want this?

3. zawal.belili

zawal.belili Guest

I tested DX12 and it is worse for me than DX11 !!

The game is completely broken, I have more jerks and lag, the tiles are "longer" to load, not to mention that to repair what DX12 destroys you will have to tweak the config file.
    The textures are horrible with each change of tiles suddenly forced to put a line of code in the config file and suddenly its jerk even more, it's an infinite circle.

In addition, the livery editor no longer works otherwise the game will crash.
    For me DX12 brings me more problems than good things and all that to gain 8 FPS !!

Well no thank you, I went back to DX11, the config file is blank I blocked the FPS at 30 and my game is fluid and smooth while ultra.
    Why would you absolutely want to use something that destroys the game more than anything else?!?
    To gain 10 FPS?!?

I said DTG is aware, we already had the problem on TSW1 and they were able to fix it.
    I will wait for an official patch from DTG, I am sure they will find the solution.
    In the meantime, the game still works pretty well apart from 2 or 3 lag between the loading of tiles.

My choice is quickly made, I like the livery editor too much to do without.

4. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

DX12 also messed things up for me initially. But with the Engine.ini suggestions on another thread (the one about gsync), they have all been solved. (I don’t use livery editor).

I’m gaining a lot more than 10 FPS and barely any noticeable stutters. Totally get that it’s unsupported and if it crashes, I’ll accept that it’s my fault. But it makes a huge difference.

It’s there, it’s unsupported, no harm in trying it. To me it is no worse than trying mods. They may also break the game, but there is some excellent work being done.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021