Dynamic Adverts

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by kingus.uk, Jun 29, 2020.

1. kingus.uk

kingus.uk Active Member

I've just been looking at the Bakerloo screen shots, and noticed that some adverts have been rendered on the back wall in the stations, and got to thinking that there might be a market for genuine, payed for adverts in the game.

Real ads would add to the immersion and realism, and there might be an income stream in it for DTG.

Just a thought....

2. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

IIRC this was planned by EA/Kuju in the original 2007 Rail Simulator (before it became TS Classic) but was dropped after community backlash, I suspect that'll still be the case.

• Like Like x 2
  3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Preemptive community backlash starts here....

No No a thousand times No.

• Like Like x 1
  4. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

No you fool this would be the best thing ever you DTG fan person Why do you keep on protecting them you loser.Good joke right,but Sam don't ban me

• Like Like x 1
  5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Apparently, according to the support team it’s perfectly acceptable to call somebody a loser in this forum now. I must say I’m very disappointed about that. DTG Protagonist what are your thoughts on that, as I thought you were doing a good job getting rid of this kind of behaviour. Can people call each other names now as long as they say it is a joke?

EDIT - for clarity the response I got was as follows...

Unfortunately, your recent report has been rejected: Post in thread 'Dynamic Adverts' - It's not a personal attack, it's a joke.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

It’s an interesting idea. Non-invasive product placement could be a supplementary revenue stream. The ads would have to be limited to the ad boards though, no pop ups or anything that the advertisers might want them to do.

They could also be used to promote new DLC when coming soon etc.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Bit harsh towards someone expressing an opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  8. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Within the context of the thread it is very clearly meant in jest. I rejected your report because it was evidently a joke that had been misinterpreted - given that in your prior post you were very obviously against the idea, the response was just as obviously not meant to be taken at face value.

There is a thin line here folks, between clamping down on any lightheartedness in this forum, and a draconian level of moderation. If you want to retain more room to maneuver in your posts, to have some fun, then you'll need to just relax ever so slightly. Be aware both of context and intent when opting to complain about another user please.

On topic: there is no intent to embed advertising in the game currently. Pitchforks down. I'll let you know if that changes, and you can pick your pitchforks back up again.

• Like Like x 2
  9. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

Yeah that might have got out of hand for a joke Im sorry that joke might have gotten derailed sorry :( I'll try not to make stupid jokes anymore:(

• Like Like x 2
  10. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Fair enough, but I think calling someone a loser is a step too far, even if meant as a joke.

• Like Like x 1
  11. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest