Earning Medals

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by hawks5896, May 6, 2021.

1. hawks5896

hawks5896 Member

Can anyone shed light on how you earn the various medal levels and what it takes to earn say a gold medal on a timetable run?

In the scenarios the game details the points needed to gain a particular color medal but it doesn't in the timetable runs. It seems particularly in the switching timetables that the best I can do is a Silver - no golds awarded. Or even a bronze in some cases - despite posting a relatively high score.

I know that travelling over the speed limit can reduce the amount of points gathered, but are there any other factors - like time taken to do the timetable, stopping accuracy etc that have an impact?

2. HaibaraHariko

HaibaraHariko Active Member

Depending on your score (AP). In some timetable services you normally cannot earn a gold.

Drive 400 yards = 30 AP
    Stop accurately = 500 AP
    Load / unload passengers on time or ahead of time = 500 AP (250 AP on some services)
    Load / unload freight = Varies in services
    Couple / uncouple = 250 AP

Speeding = 15 / 0 AP
    More than 30s late = -1 AP per second
    Stop inaccurately = -1 AP per yard (?)

1. Some scenarios may have different objectives.
    2. If you simply just want a gold, try drive back and forth until you get one.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. hawks5896

hawks5896 Member

Simply wanting a gold medal is NOT the objective I strive for, but doing the best I can with each timetable is what I want to achieve. Also I have found that you cannot get a better medal in a service by re doing it. From what I can tell once you complete the service the medal you achieve is permanent even if you redo the service and get a higher score. Can anyone confirm that this is true?

4. HaibaraHariko

HaibaraHariko Active Member

You can if you managed to get the required amount of AP.

EDIT: "The required amount" isn't shown anywhere in the game. You will have to find it yourself.

Last edited: May 6, 2021
  5. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’ve gotten Gold after getting a Silver. As long as gold is achievable and you get enough AP to earn it, you’ll get it.

6. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

I don’t drive specifically to get a gold medal (although it is nice to creep towards another achievement). Quite often, I’m surprised when I get to the end of a service when I don’t think I have driven well but get a gold medal anyway.