Route East Coast Main Line - Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Player Feedback' started by DTG-Chris, Sep 13, 2023.

1. DTG-Chris

DTG-Chris Staff Member

Last edited: May 9, 2024
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Trainiac

Trainiac Well-Known Member

Just finished the 801 tutorial here's what I've got feedback for.
    - DVD still sounds when in neutral when it should only be active in forward or reverse
    - Transformer buzz is either really quiet or not present
    - 4th bar inside the pantograph is no longer connected to the frame as was in the 700

- Pan head assembly is not connected properly to the upper arm
    - Traction motors are quiet even outside

(screenshots won't work for some reason)

Last edited: Sep 21, 2023
  3. leewood83

leewood83 Member

Just a little thing driving 1N85 with the Azuma all the passengers who got off train were stuck in the floor from waist down at Grantham station.

• Like Like x 2
  4. TSW Nathan

TSW Nathan Well-Known Member

Azuma door sounds and traction motors are too quiet.

Ambient sounds are too loud.

For some reason P.I.S set me going from Chippenham to London via Swindon in free roam.

Music is amazing.

Sounds are top notch.

Gaurds Pannel doesn't work.

• Like Like x 2
  5. TSW Nathan

Flying Scotsman is wayyy to loud.

Also class 801 doors open to fast

6. richtayls

richtayls Well-Known Member

Azuma AWS beeps via the PS5 controller are very very quiet, this is with all audio settings at 100 in game and max controller speaker volume in PS5 settings, at least I've been able to test what happens when you are busy typing this feedback and don't hear it beep :( By contrast the Talent PZB alarm was deafening, which is perfect because I could turn the volume down, but I can't turn the volume up past 100 on the Azuma.

On the livestream the amount of brake was displayed on the HUD, e.g. 25 for 25% braking, all I get is 0 although it does turn yellow to indicate that yes you are braking, you're just not allowed to know by how much.

• Like Like x 5
  7. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

You can’t move with cab doors open unlike 395 javelin

8. TSW Nathan

Signal buzzer doesn't make a sound even In the cab

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. fre

fre Active Member

Good start so far, but a few glaring issues are present from one run.

The xx:17 path from Doncaster (non stop to PBO) goes in front of the Anglo-Scot flyer (AI train) when this should actually go down the main while the :17 departs via the up slow (and is overtaken).

Coach letters are backwards, coach A for first class should be coach M etc.

No cafe bar present on a 5 coach set where there is in the 4th vehicle in real life (coach B / G).

No ‘beeps’ when operating the TMS screen, these are quite loud (and nice) in reality.

GSMR screen goes blank after a while.

Tooltip to press the diesel / electric mode select buttons appeared after switching the train to diesel mode and back (and would not disappear).

Signal 468 on the up approaching Peterborough should be held at a red if approaching platform 3 and starter signal 440 is ‘on’.

Internal doors in the leading vehicle don’t self close.

And of course, every unit is 801234, with vehicle number 821234.

The route itself including station modelling and detail? Perfect.

Hope to see some of these little grumbles rectified, but good fun so far.

• Like Like x 4
  10. fre

fre Active Member

This is accurate. The cab doors must be closed to release the brakes on the IET trains, and opening these in service brings the train to a halt. In reality, there is a lock operated from inside the cab near the bottom of the door, to prevent the door from easily being opened from the inside.

• Like Like x 4
  11. TSW Nathan

Can we get a in-cab fov setting because the 1st person cab camera is wayy to zoomed In.

12. tyler#1604

tyler#1604 Well-Known Member

All good so far just the PS5 controller audio e.g. the AWS etc is wayyy to quiet, everything on 100% still can barely hear it. This is an issue when passing over the magnets and the DSD pedal. So in conclusion just need the ps5 controller sounds to be way louder.

• Like Like x 2
  13. davod2021

davod2021 Active Member

cant get 801 started on free roam ive tried and getting stressed ffs anyone got a manual for the 801 cant seem to raise the pantagrath up

update ive got the hang of it now lol

14. Trainiac

Ai trains also seem to run in both diesel and electric mode

• Like Like x 2
  15. Sprinter

Sprinter Well-Known Member

The azuma train sounds are to quiet can hardly hear the motor inside the cab, same with the AWS/warning sounds. Need turn my TV up to 40 to hear anything. No track ,squel sounds or swith sound. No door sounds.

• Like Like x 3
  16. TSW Nathan

Yea. Sounds need to be alot louder.

• Like Like x 6
  17. TSW Nathan

All azuma a.i trains I've seen so far have departed stations in Deisel mode. .

Also TMS screen next station stop doesn't work right and is one stop ahead alot of the time

• Like Like x 5
  18. squerble

squerble Well-Known Member

Another +1 for awfully quiet Azuma sounds here. Can barely hear the AWS/DSD warnings, and all AI running as diesel, even in the introduction module! Not a great start.

The 700s sounds are also bafflingly quiet and this was never fixed in TSW3. Don't know how DTG keep getting this so wrong - sack your entire testing team.

• Like Like x 6
  19. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I don't think it's the testing team. It's either their audio department that needs a complete overhaul, or what seems to be a lackadaisical attitude pertaining to sound in general. The issues with the 700 were noted ad nauseum on release but the message from DTG was pretty much, no plans to change or do anything with the sounds.

• Like Like x 1
  20. samuelpower2001

samuelpower2001 Active Member

Same. Aws sounds barely audible at all etc..hardly much sound at all

• Like Like x 4
  21. Perks390

Perks390 Well-Known Member

Noticed in the route introduction that the Azumas are running on both diesel and electric traction as mentioned by others

22. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

The deluxe version has installed after a couple of problems to my xbox but cannot get it to play on the xbox pc version as it won’t open saying the UE4-TS2Prototype has crashed and will close.

23. RichyRail

RichyRail Active Member

I’m not usually one to complain but I have a feeling I have the wrong build of ECML.

- The external PIS on the azuma doesn’t look right with northbound services showing LKX as the destination in most cases.
    - The door near the kitchen is still grey.
    - The sounds of the azuma are very quiet.
    - interestingly the unit numbers do seem to change which if I remember was mentioned to not be in the EA build.
    - The AI trains being in diesel mode as mentioned previously.
    - the service count in the main menu is 243 when the stream showed 260 yesterday

Just a few things which I’m hoping is just down to a wrong build being sent out.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Trainiac

Ps controller doesn't seem to recognise yellow signals also, I get green and reds but no yellows

25. seancrabtree2003

seancrabtree2003 Active Member

Sounds to quiet especially aws and moving off compared to what the stream showed so far

26. Perks390

The off indictor on PBO platform 3 shows off whilst the signal is on (red). P440 CDRA2 is the problem off indictor. Once a route is set to the signal from the previous it will revert to the correct state and then clear back to off when P440 is showing proceed but then doesn't revert back to on when the train has passed. If that makes sense?
    I'm impressed how much AI traffic there's been at Peterborough over the 10ish minutes I've been here.

• Like Like x 1
  27. johncoaltrain

johncoaltrain Member

Updated to say you can disable the safety system alerts coming out of the controller speaker by setting ‘audible alerts’ to 0% in the controller settings. For anyone like me who’s not a fan.

• Like Like x 2
  28. Perks390

The TMS display in the cab isn't displaying the next station correctly. At Peterborough it was displaying Retford as next stop and then when I departed it jumped up to Doncaster. Service was 1S06.
    EDIT- I see the issue, the TMS thinks it's 1D07.

29. TomTrains

TomTrains New Member

• Platform: Steam
    • Specific Information:
      • Entered free roam at 12pm > weather dynamic at Peterborough station
        • ALL PIS screens are not working. Noticed this also when doing the training "East Coast Main Line Route Introduction"
        • Passengers are grouping themselves into specific spots on the platform. I think its a pathing thing as the more passengers the more spots they run out of to go (benches on platforms full for example)
    Tested at Doncaster as well with the same loading options and all PIS screens at Doncaster don't display when the next train is arriving, just "Welcome to Doncaster".

30. Perks390

Using the new countdown HUD in order to stop at Newark is impossible from 125mph. It really needs to be changed to activate from a further distance otherwise it's completely pointless.

Is there a way to reenable the old distance HUD (not the track marker, I hate them being in the middle of the screen)? I can reenable speed limit and signal HUD but not objective HUD?

31. jamie#8715

jamie#8715 New Member

Unable to run with just rear pan up as per IRL

• Like Like x 1
  32. kingcutie65

kingcutie65 New Member

The Class 801 has a speed limiter/ cruise control system irl. It would be nice if this were added. :)

• Like Like x 1
  33. TomTrains

TomTrains New Member

When entering free roam are trains still meant to spawn like previous TSW sims? Doncaster & Peterborough have no trains arriving or departing and all signals are red. Tested spawning in at 10:45am (train on timetable to leave Doncaster) and no train in sight. I used to do this method with TSW3 and London commuter to enjoy some trainspotting but if this is the new normal, then is that the end of trainspotting?

Also if you spawn a train in free roam you can't leave the station as all signal are red!

34. FallenAngel00me

FallenAngel00me Well-Known Member

You're a absolute legend

• Like Like x 2
  35. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Layers from legacy content will come on the 26th. The stream included all layers but legacy content won't be there for early access

• Like Like x 2
  36. Perks390

Are neutral sections supposed to be simulated on the route as I'm not seeing the VCB opening or closing?

• Like Like x 1
  37. d.heal

d.heal Well-Known Member

Very quiet AWS Sounds on 801/2
    No Running sounds
    No gard buzzer sounds
    PS5

• Like Like x 1
  38. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

The route itself is quite nice (aside from the neutral sections being powered), stations look great. The problem with this DLC is the Azuma.

It is a 300+ ton train, it is not this quiet, unless I missed something & NR & Hitachi have installed maglev tech on the ECML, the sounds need addressing.

There is almost no sensation you’re actually on a railway in the 801. It is virtually silent pulling away from stations (other than AI which are all running under diesel mode?).

There are next to no running sounds, other than the ‘glide’ from the 387.

InCab audio is only what I can describe as a sleep simulator, other than the obnoxiously loud ambient sounds from birds.

AWS is but a mouse fart.

FOV in cab needs to be increased, running with no hud or minimal hud, leaves you needing to angle your head down to look at anything inside.

Crew door is Grey, despite being correctly painted on yesterdays stream.

PIS is borked, if any of the display scrolls, it resets the entire screen & forces it to scroll, catching it in a loop - meaning you can’t really ever see the full PIS.

I wouldn’t say the 801 sounds bad, but only because you can’t really hear it.

Roll on the 26th so I can get the EMT stock running.

• Like Like x 4
  39. london#6712

london#6712 Active Member

Heres what i have found about the ECML route:

The AWS is way way too quiet or just doesnt sound, i turn it on but it doesnt sound but when i press aknowledge a really quiet ding. Or if your going at 125 MPH and you cant hear it, you come to a stop. Also i turned on every other safty system but non of them went off or u can't hear them.

Another thing is the train head lights. On coming trains headlights are only dimmed and have there tail lights on at the same time.

And another when you go to external view or back to internal view it takes a couple of times to get back into the cab or go outside.

Some things i think should be improved or changed that maybe aren't bugs:

The acceleration/decceleration sounds to be louder.
    The minimum HUD count down to the station to start decreasing earlier because if your going 125 MPH, you would have to be breaking at 100%.
    Other than that evrything else seems to be alright.

• Like Like x 4
  40. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Hey - can I check which platform you're on please? (and a build number if you're able to find it?)

41. padruig

padruig Member

Totally agree with that everyone is saying here, sounds way too quiet and no sensation of movement. Also, the rear pantograph should be the one up, not the front (front and rear on a 10 car though). When the doors are open, the door open buttons should light up red, the guards buzzer doesn’t work, or maybe we just can’t hear it…. Also the Guards panel doesn’t work at all, the yellow local door is actually just a light and not a button, it would light up after a guard has keyed in and closed all the other doors. Now with the doors, it seems they’ve gone back to the train sim classic way of doing things, fast open fast close. They’re not like that in real life, it’s a shame as most other trains on train sim world are mostly accurate I would say, but not this.

• Like Like x 2
  42. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

As a quick update - quiet AWS on Scotsman and Azuma there is a post-release update for.

• Like Like x 19
    • Helpful Helpful x 5
  43. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

About to report the same: 801's AWS alerts are almost inaudible- combined with TOD4's hard-to-see signal lights, cost me a penalty braking.

• Like Like x 4
  44. phillip.good

phillip.good Well-Known Member

Cannot hear any alarm sounds on azuma…. Actually there are no AWS pings or beeps…. Just keep getting emergency braked….. using the 801/2…. Will try the 801/1

Also anybody know how I can just go back to having the distance and time in the top left without the actual hud on?

Playing on PS5

45. seancrabtree2003

seancrabtree2003 Active Member

Class 66 is also very quiet on horn and aws too

46. dec#4872

dec#4872 New Member

Sounds are very very quiet aws can't hear it at all and same with the motors can't hear them from the cab

• Like Like x 1
  47. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

PS5 (UK) - Version 1.007.000

48. markinhants#1283

markinhants#1283 New Member

Playing 1A18 Leeds to Kjngs X - the centre PIS / console says im 1D34. Also, there a NTP with the coach numbering too (821234) is same throughout the consist :-(

49. 2martens

2martens Well-Known Member

Only a visual thing but the cables that are supposedly connecting two coaches with each other only fit on a straight line. When you are going over a junction they fly in the air. Probably won't be fixed but it would be very cool if those were actually attached to the other coach and would deform in curves.

• Like Like x 4
  50. johncoaltrain

johncoaltrain Member

Is your controller speaker muted? That was the issue for me when I wasn’t getting any AWS or Vigilance alerts.