Xbox [east Coastway] Gradient Display Is Reversed On The "6v" Services

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by dreampage, Oct 4, 2020.

1. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

On East Coastway, all of the "6V" services with the Class 66 EWS (from Newhaven Aggregates to Acton Yard) are glitched. The game handles the locomotive as if it was reversed, thus the gradient display works in reverse as well. It shows ascending when you're on a slope and vice versa. If you look at the map (screenshot attached) you can see the problem. The locomotive is pointing at the wrong direction according to the game.

This applies to all the services that begin with the 6V designation.

Train Sim World® 2 (11).png

2. Ps4Player

Ps4Player Well-Known Member

The gradient display in tsw2 follows always the main direction of the locomotive (unfortunately) and has been mentioned in several reports. But I guess this was somehow intended by DTG.

The second point, with the locomotive facing the wrong direction is a logical consequence from the service right before, from lewes to new haven aggregate. Those 3 services (lewes - new haven, loading in newhaven and newhaven - lewes) , are connected together, so the locomotive is always facing into the same direction, because it's not turning around after arriving in Newhaven :).

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

I understand the reason but it's still wrong. The gradient display should work relative to the current direction of travel, otherwise it's useless in this other direction. The locomotive itself isn't turned around of course, but you sit and drive at the other end of the vehicle, so the gradient display should turn around accordingly as well. The map icon should also show the proper drive direction. This is just an oversight that was, by the way, not an issue in TSW 2020, or at least I never encountered it before.

4. Ps4Player

Ps4Player Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know what you mean and I totally agree. But still, I've never read a comment from dtg about this issue alltough there are a lot of similar post, so I guess it's intended, that the gradient indicator works this way. It always refers to cab#1, which is also the 'front' of the train. So it's kind of a logical concept alltough it's not very user friendly. And because the cab your using the way to lewes is cab#2, your locomotive is facing in the opposite direction.
    And yes, the gradient concept was different in TSW2020,but I assume (or at least thats what I hope) that they changed it for some reason.

Maybe you should post this under suggestions :)