Eastbourne To Ashford International Via The East Coast Way And Marshlink Line

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ryan#4295, Feb 9, 2022.

1. ryan#4295

ryan#4295 New Member

After my last post the responses were very positive and user Airbourne Alex suggested Eastbourne to Ashford after looking at the line I would very much like to see it get added to tsw 2. With a very unique mix of diesel and electric power on this line we would be able to get a solid number of layers and added trains.
    Starting off with the base of the route it would include the 171 and 377.
    Eversholt-5D401374-002_lr-942x628.jpg
    Hugh_Llewellyn_20870385584_electrostar_sunny.jpg
    It would run from Eastbourne to Ashford calling at Eastbourne,hampden park,pevensey and west ham, pevensey bay, Normans bay,cooden beach,collington,Bexhill,west st leonards,st leonards warrior sq, Hastings,ore,three oaks,doleham,winchelsea,rye,appledore,ham street and Ashford international.
    East_Coastway_line.png
    800px-Marshlink_line.png
    This would also include Eastbourne yard,st leonards tmd and all the sidings along the way and the possibility of Ashford depot which could be used with sehs layers.
    Now for said layers. They could included ai southeastern 395,375 at Ashford international and southern 377 on Eastbourne to London Victoria etc as for playable layers.
    download (2).jpeg
    These could included 395 and 375 depot services and 375 services from Hastings to west st leonards calling at st leonards warrior sq. that is it for my suggestion feel free to be honest about your opinion on this suggestion and point out anything I may of missed or got wrong.

• Like Like x 8
  2. ryan#4295

ryan#4295 New Member

For clarification ik that west st leonards isnt on the east coast way but as it is right there and visible I feel like they should add it if they make this route

• Like Like x 1
  3. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Best value for this route is a bundle called Southeast UK network for £24.99 us price is £22.13 ($33.87 UK price us price $29.99 due to $1=70-99 pence) once the route mergers occur. Missing is SEHS to Ashford

4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I'd keep that name for a lot of routes run by southeastern... Maybe stick to Eastcoastway bundle or similar.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Asheix

Asheix Active Member

I really wish the entire route from Brighton to Ashford International was included in East Coastway. I was very disappointed when I learned it was only half the route but it is still my most played route. It was surprising that the class 171 wasn't included given the frequency it runs on the line. I used to travel the route every day for 3 years, and the 171 was a service I would avoid given it only ran a 2 coach train, but now it is made up of 4 coaches.

• Like Like x 1
  6. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

The Class 171 doesn't run to Brighton anymore (as far as I'm aware) so would only go as far as Eastbourne from Ashford, not being useful except as AI. TBH the East Coastway route is the right size already, having to reverse at Eastbourne to go onto Hastings/Ore is a bit awkward - it makes it feel like a different line, and hence why Eastbourne to Ashford would be better as a separate route.

Also note that when ECW was built, it was right before Bakerloo line and the release of TSW2, so they likely didn't have the time to make a longer route. Brighton to Eastbourne and Seaford was probably the ideal size for the development time available, if that makes sense.

7. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Should this also work London & Brighton Regional bundle made up of SEHS extended to Ashford ECW Ashford Hastings Eastbourne Lewes Brighton and last bit is the BML with Wivelsfield Connector Line linking BML with ECW Brighton Lewes Eastbourne Hastings Ore Ashford

8. iminshool#2742

iminshool#2742 New Member

so behind this i love this route ive traveled on the marshlink to go trainspotting in ashford with my dad twice lovely route