Eastcoastway Memory Bug?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Skyz2020, Sep 9, 2021.

1. Skyz2020

Skyz2020 Well-Known Member

ghost1.jpeg ghost2.jpeg ghost3.jpeg

One for TrainSim-Matt I think...

See attached photos. After upgrade on ps4 created a new route on planner from Eastbourne to Brighton. After going through berwick every time a crash and the attached.

The good news the dev team have fixed the ongoing trains being the right way round, ... I think in doing so it has created a memory dump similar to going off map on sehs at faversham by boarding as a passenger.

This afternoon I will try a planner from brighton to lewes to see if the whole route is bugged in planner.

P.s I knew something was up as all my old planner routes would not load at all but at the time put this down to new PIS going in

Any comments welcome

2. Skyz2020

Just tried loading on foot at berwick and heading for polgate ... got to polgate in timetable mode .... no polgate just ghost town...it has disappeared just platform markers remain :(

3. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Are you on PS5? Could this be a ps4 issue somewhere ( I'm just speculating ) I'm on xbox series S, although I havent tested this, I'm intrigued to look now

• Like Like x 1
  4. Skyz2020

Hello Jason yes ps4. Please do let me know what you find, particularly at polgate if you spawn. If you see a station rather than a ghosted outline I will assume this is ps4 only :) ... I wonder if the new update has done something here... lots of weird and wonderful report s on the tech pages at present

5. jasonpfc

So I followed your steps and spawned in at polegate, at 13.00 on foot, after from a very minor texture glitch, everything seems as normal, platforms are there, train spawned in as normal, so could this be an older gen issue?

I will now do a eastbourne - brighton run and see what occurs

6. Skyz2020

Thank you Jason, this would tie with the theory you suggest. Suspected new unreal engine memory leak possible? Would make sense as I imagine your jaguar of a ps5 (a bit jealous of you here) will blow straight past it with extra resource.

Thank you for the help. Currently re installing tsw2 from scratch just to make sure it wasn't a bug picked up during update install and sent down to storage, alas I doubt it, too many reports from others on SEHS plus tvl etc

7. jasonpfc

I'm not on PS5, in on xbox series S, but yes, seems like it's something to do with the older versions, I've also ran the 11.36 hastings - brighton service, which, apart from being made 6 mins late by AI, I managed to clear lewes without issue

8. Skyz2020

Thank you again, sorry a missed read from another thread in regard to ps5. But it's good to see it working for you on xbox and helps to narrow it. :)

9. Skyz2020

Will wait now to see any eagle eyed ps4 users. stu joy is a good one for testing, however I think he is now on ps5... with a ps4 in his spare room as I recall and is having his own issues with sound I think I read somewhere earlier. bart2day are you a ps4 user (sorry to tag bart but always know you are good for a comment also) :)

10. Skyz2020

stujoy I see is busy testing/looking at night lighting and sound... I shall wait and see who comes to my rescue here...

• Like Like x 1
  11. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It’s not something I want to spend too much time on as I’m supposed to be enjoying myself like everyone ! I’ve not played on the PS4 since the update so I don’t know what state it’s in and I’m unlikely to fire it up anytime soon I’m afraid. I’m always taking notice rather than actively testing things but I am preoccupied with a couple of things at the moment :|

This issue looks like something that happened to me a couple of times on SKA around the time a lot of people were reporting crashes, so it’s likely to be something similar.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Skyz2020

No worries stujoy I can see you have your hands full with night lighting and sounds and as you said enjoyment first, bug testing second. I shall wait for the reinstall and see if I get any other comments or feedback. Have a good evening :)

(Thanks for info on ska)

13. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Hi Skyz. I'm on PS4 standard but haven't had this issue yet. Is this just on scenario planner you are getting this weird bug or also on timetable. I must admit I haven't used scenario planner on East Coastway yet.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Skyz2020

Hi bart. It is currently mainly around polegate area in time table or planner. If I spawn on foot, polegate wont even load, however I did manage to spawn at berwick and then ride from berwick to eastbourne on approach at polegate ... all blank as per images at top of thread, good to hear from you, let me know if you find something similar

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

Have you rebuilt ps4 database?

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Skyz2020

Okay... complete uninstall and reinstall of base and all dlc, database refresh (overnight download finishing at 3am).. now working no crashes all routes so far.. hope this helps thank you to bart, jason, railfan and stujoy for their help

• Like Like x 3
  17. jasonpfc

Happy to help, just @ me if you need me again

• Like Like x 1
  18. Skyz2020

Thank you Jason, might well do that with my 08 bug in a mo, it's a proper head scratcher :)

19. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Been testing ECW quite a bit the last few days and no problem my end when spanning at Glyde, Polgate or Berwick so glad to hear a reintall seems to have sorted it for you. I'll test the 08 livery designer and get back to you.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Skyz2020

Thank you Bart, ecw is now stable post re install. I think you will find the 08 (livery designed) will generate the same bug myself and Jason had, happy hunting:)

• Like Like x 1