Easy Or Casual Mode To Quick Start The Trains.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by BALGBR, Aug 28, 2021.

1. BALGBR

BALGBR New Member

Please can you add an Easy or Casual mode alongside Classic and Immersive to quick start the trains for casual users like myself who want to play the Timetable routes but don't want to go through the whole start up procedure every time or don't want to learn the start up procedure for every train? Can you at least add the start up guide that you have with the tutorials and scenarios as a selectable option or even a written start up guide that you can bring up with with the touch pad?

• Like Like x 1
  2. aaronbrall#7894

aaronbrall#7894 Active Member

Trains are pretty much already setup in timetable mode, all you have to do is really put in the master key, set the throttle and brakes, set the reverser and then good to go, other stuff like lights and safety systems are optional, and each countries trains albeit different essentially start the same

A train is a train of a train, or in other words, once you know how to start one train, they all start up more or less in similar ways

3. BALGBR

BALGBR New Member

Well so far the only train I've seen like that is the HST. I can't even find the master key half the time!

4. aaronbrall#7894

aaronbrall#7894 Active Member

Well evidently thats the only train you've driven in timetable mode, try it with the 166, 375, 377, 465, they all start in pretty much the same way, hell even the older trains you get on NTP, TVL and in the Freight Pack start in pretty much the same fashion

5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

There are differences in the exact ways all the different trains operate that someone who knows what they are doing can probably work out. It isn’t the fault of the player if they can’t figure out the exact way any particular train works. Then there are players who would rather not have to do the start up procedure and just want to make the train to go faster and slower and have some fun. If TSW is going to appeal to a bigger player base, including small children, and there’s no reason why it shouldn’t, then a simple mode is a must at some point.

Trainz had a simple mode (may still do if it’s still going) which was like a model train transformer but the trains followed some physics that a real train would while speeding up and slowing down, it wasn’t instant. I used it on steam trains because I couldn’t get the hang of driving them and it was perfectly acceptable to me to do so. I also used it when I wanted to mess about and not drive seriously. I probably wouldn’t use such simple controls in TSW because it is a better train driving sim, and a simple mode doesn’t have to as simple as the Trainz one, but I also feel quite strongly that TSW should have an easier option. Not everyone will need to use it, and they can still do things properly without issue.

• Like Like x 1
  6. BALGBR

BALGBR New Member

All the Japanese Densha De Go train sims have quick starts but are probably considered arcade games outside Japan because you have to meet certain objectives like meeting an exact speed at a certain point and you gain or lose points during the game but they look and feel like any other train sim.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

US locomotives may require a few more buttons to be pressed, and some trains, if I recall correctly the BR1442 on Rapid Transit, require the parking brake to be released.

8. BALGBR

BALGBR New Member

I've been going through every train to see which ones can be started just from the controller or with only one or two extra inputs from the screen and the BR1442 on Rapid Transit and Schnellfahrstrecke Koln just needs the Pantograph Circuit Breaker to be closed.