Ecw Expansion

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ryan#4295, Feb 8, 2022.

1. ryan#4295

ryan#4295 New Member

East_Coastway_line.png
    In my opinion we should have ECW expanded to hasting/ore due to the small size of ECW this would be possible. East_Coastway_line.png and a way to stop ai from bugging out at Eastbourne could be to spilt it in to 2 parts part 1 ofc being Brighton to Eastbourne part 2 being Eastbourne to Hastings/ore. this would also allow the 171 to be added and it would allow 1 stop services of southeastern from Hastings to ore in the 375. Eversholt-5D401374-002_lr-942x628.jpg download.jpeg
    Due to 23 mile or so distance from Brighton to Eastbourne + however many to seaford the route isn't very long considering it is 1 of if not the most Popular routes in tsw 2. feel free to be honest on this suggestion post anything I may of missed maybe make this a nice discussion about ECW.

• Like Like x 6
  2. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

It would be best featured as part of an Eastbourne to Ashford route, with the Class 171 and layers for the ECW 377 and SEHS 375/395, then merged with ECW/BML if that ever becomes possible in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  3. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Nice suggestion, which should have been developed as a 2 part dlc in the first place.

As much i like east coast way, dtg dont make extensions, which lets this probably stay forever left behind as a "half baked" route, judged by the service end points.

I dont mind to pay another 30 euros for going to hastings, but i do mind being stuck at eastbourne.

(I dont mind ether pay another 30 euros for ending the services to southeast on the upcoming harlem line, but dtg does not extend and it will remain half baked from the service aspect")

Of all possible route choices, dtg manages to bring themself many times into a position where the potential remains unused.

*A good example of a successfull route choice in my opinion is london to brighton. Nomatter if the route ever will be linked to East coast way, driving L2B feels complete.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  4. ryan#4295

ryan#4295 New Member

I agree as that would add allot of potential for more routes on the south eastern network

5. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Good point and the best Value for DTG is this bring SEHS to Ashford then Make the Eastbourne Ashford line with the merged BML ECW Wivelsfield connector line as the Southeast Network Bundle for 24.99 GBP SEHS ($33.87 due to 8 February 2022 exchange rate of GBP 1 = $1.36 reverse is $1 = 74 pence US price of $29.99 in GBP is 22.13)

6. ryan#4295

ryan#4295 New Member

As much as that would be good if it was all connect even a high power gaming pc will struggle nvm Xbox and playstation

7. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

For Consoles Xbox Series X and PS5 can handle these mergers unless they struggle too with the merged routes. Remember HMA BML & Riesa-Dresden have layers on Xbox Series X PS5 due to them being able to run the PC timetable

8. ldse2011

ldse2011 New Member

I love the idea of extending ECW to either Hastings or Ore. I was just about to suggest the exact same thing.
    It would bring some life back to the ECW and it would stop the annoying getting out the cab at Eastbourne and waiting 20minutes until the next train.

At the very minimum at least DTG should add London Victoria bound AI at Eastbourne going via Lewes, leaves a very noticeable gap in the services.

• Like Like x 1
  9. mooredean1978

mooredean1978 Active Member

Correct me if I'm wrong but DTG did extend the Dresden route with the Meisen branch if I've spelt it correctly

10. Hiro Protagonist

Hiro Protagonist Well-Known Member

It wasn't "extended", it had been cut from the initial release due to not being finished (you could still manually explore most of it) but was reinstated a few months after release. The Flughafen branch was also cut but I believe needed much more work to finish off and thus probably won't see the light of day.

Thus, it wasn't an "extension" DLC, it was essentially a free update that all owners of the DLC received. As far as I am aware, Dovetail's big issue with paid route extensions is that not everyone will buy them, so you end up with needing to support two versions of the route/timetable unless the extended timetable is baked in to the core route.

11. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

No, it was originally going to be in the route and was mentioned when the route was announced and then they removed it citing development time. Then, after some complaints here and there, they decided to finish it off and add it shortly after release of the main route.

12. meridian#2659

Yes they did. My post was a bit of a side punsh, it seems so many players would pay for extensions, the route merger thread got almost 200 votes and dtg seems to be totally blind in this case. "Its impossible" was the usual answer every time this topic was asked in a stream.

With tsw 2 and its engine now we have giant benefits with trains / rolling stock, gameplay has improved a lot too.

Its just the routes dont have the major improvements in my opinion for earning the name ts "world". Yes they have improved with pis and mostly stunning visuals.

But seriously with the success of ts classic, the answer "its impossible to connect / extend" sounds 1. Like an excuse, and 2. in my own opinion for a great future of tsw improvements like this are needed to make it to the train sim of today.

Else it will remain as the "niche" beside ts classic. I spent so much money on ts, i understand every player doesnt want to change because his invest. And better visuals (in case of the routes) are not a real reason to change to tsw and starting the invest from begin.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  13. meridian#2659

Just thinking in the future ahead, doesnt mean i dont enjoy tsw.

So back to the suggestion, east coast way has the frequency i could immagine this extension.
    The only contra is they probsbly have to make a new timetable.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Not sure where you're getting this from. The issue with memory on consoles has little to do with the size or complexity of the route, because the route is loaded and offloaded in tiles (so your machine only ever has a relatively small part of the route in memory at any one time)

The issue comes when you have loads of different kinds of consist in memory, and as soon as you up that they get into some problems, but this MAY be fixed by the upcoming DLC load out mechanism they've been talking about (note only MAY)
    If you've still only got three types of trains on a route you might be able to run that fine on a console, let alone PCs (which have much more flexible memory anyway and don't seem to have the same issues when it comes to multiple loco loadings on routes)

• Like Like x 1