PlayStation Ecw: Safety System Bug

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Mattty May, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

On East Coastway, the yellow exclamation point warning symbol on the HUD is staying illuminated despite acknowledging the audible alert. It also comes on when going over an AWS Ramp when the signal is green.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The audible alert for safety systems seems to be getting triggered without yellow/red signals and having not left the controls at idle.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2020
  3. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

This is definitely broken on ECW. Every service I’ve played with safety systems on gives me random alarms etc. It keeps you on your toes, but it’s no longer working as it should.

4. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I did not check this extensively, but I can confirm something is wrong with the AWS at ECW in the HUD (I play at a PC).

5. Bob12212

Bob12212 Well-Known Member

Yep I've noticed that too. I was told by several people after posting elsewhere that it's normal. But it clearly isn't. The exclamation mark should go out once the AWS has been acknowledged

• Like Like x 2
  6. whiteleyaj

whiteleyaj Active Member

I thought I was going mad thinking that too but then as a newbie thought maybe it should stay on. Glad to know it should go off once acknowledged (but at the moment) doesnt

7. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure it goes off if it's acknowledged when it's supposed to be, it just stays on when you pass a green signal when it shouldn't be on as you don't need to acknowledged green signals.

• Like Like x 1
  8. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

Same issue here, and this is exactly the bug. No issues with acknowledging red and yellow, but the HUD lights up when you pass a green light when it shouldn't.

9. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I think the exclamation mark goes on when you pass a green signal and then stays on till AWS sees a signal or speed limit you must confirm.. Also the DSD does not turn off the acknowledgement in the HUD, if you acknowledge it.
    So I think there are actually two bugs.

10. m.poznan

m.poznan Member

Was just about to look for this, was wondering if anyone else noticed it, with all systems on on the ECW its all buggy, alerts on green, HUD has a exclamation mark even though all warnings have been accepted/canceled.. Hella buggy!

11. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Fixed now, at least for PCs