Edinburgh - Glasgow Timetable Update?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Shaun123, Feb 1, 2023.

1. Shaun123

Shaun123 Well-Known Member

One for Rivet really, Jasper_Rivet hope you don’t mind the tag.

In TSW we’ve seen leaps and bounds with the timetables we’ve seen, Southeastern High Speed, Birmingham Cross City, London Commuter, just some of the UK ones I can reference, realistic busy almost 24 hour timetables.

Unfortunately Edinburgh - Glasgow is a massive step backwards, apart from the AI timings, which I know I’ve gone on and on about, but they really are completely unnecessary.

Edinburgh - Glasgow just seems completely empty, and I’m not talking about just having the Class 385 as the main unit, I have no problem with this to be honest.

It’s the completely unrealistic and missing services. Glasgow-Alloa and vice versa, nothing after 2100, in reality they operate until well after 2300. There should be no reason why these are missing right?

Edinburgh - Dunblane and vice versa skips Edinburgh Park again completely unnecessary. Now at least they run until well after 2300 in the game!

The express services between Edinburgh - Glasgow none existent after 2200 again there should be no reason for this?

Finally, there are additional peak services that depart Edinburgh and Glasgow at xx:00 and xx:30 these are thankfully replicated but the timetable is inaccurate, in reality they stop at Lenzie and Bishopbriggs additionally but are non-stop Falkirk High - Haymarket (a nice high speed run!) and don’t stop at Croy either.

There is no shortage of timetable resources to replicate accurate timetables. There’s Realtime Trains and the Scotrail website itself?

Were there time limitations, game limitations, lack of resources as to why a fuller timetable couldn’t be included? Or did Rivet go for a Covid timetable around mid 2020-early 2022?

I don’t usually complain because I’m really enjoying the route, I’ve played it almost non-stop for the last week but there are small things that let it down, for some people it’s different things, but the lack of accurate timetabling is an big issue for me, especially when we know that TSW has come such a way forward it doesn’t have to be this way at all!

Is there anything that can be done, without breaking the existing services to have a timetable overhaul as a patch in the future?

It would really be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Shaun.

• Like Like x 21
  2. SteveRail

SteveRail Well-Known Member

Yeah agree with that, very strange not to use the real timetable, literally no additional research required.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting this. I had wondered why there are stations that the trains skip, figured there were stopping services which we did not have available.

4. MAX1319

MAX1319 Well-Known Member

Not sure if you ever got a replied by Jasper_Rivet. I’m really having a lot of fun with this route and can’t wait for the update. It has a lot more potential and I hope they can deliver us a better timetable which at the end is what sets is TSW3 apart. A good timetable.