Edinburgh To Dundee Ecml

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by lewis tobin, Jun 13, 2021.

1. lewis tobin

lewis tobin Member

Edinburgh to Dundee is a 80 section of the East Coast main line. We would stop at:

Edinburgh waverley, haymarket, South gyle, Edinburgh gateway, Dalmeny, North Queens ferry, Inverkeithing, dalgety Bay, Aberdour, burntisland, Kinghorn, Kirkcaldy, markinch, Ladybank, Springfield Cupar, Leuchars and Dundee.

Traction on this route is:

Class 170 Turbo star. EBDUAHXXkAAUTHr.jpg

Class 158 sprinter. 12.-inverness-to-aberdeen-657-p.jpg

Class 43/HST ScotRail-train-close-to-Tay-Bridge.jpg

LNER class 800/Azuma 24d63a6d8b0747df3bb38e18af69b627.png

Cross Country class 220 voyager
    1200px-Hugh_llewelyn_220_002_(6701873995).jpg

Starting in the beautiful capital city of Scotland moving out to the forth rail (opened in 1890) taking you over the firth of forth to Fife. In the kingdom of fife you will run along side the water stopping at small towns. After this you will head inland to cross the tay brige over to Dundee

Price of this route 24.99 any adon trains 11.99

Thank you for reading please post your opinions in the comments below.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Wolfovizer

Wolfovizer Well-Known Member

Great suggestion, however I think its a tad long at the moment but with the next upgrade to the auto building upgrade it will hopefully be possible. I think the Class 800 would be better saved for an ECML route and layered in as it only runs 1 train each direction a day. I would love to see the Class 222 as an add-on but I've heard that Arriva don't licence their brands anymore so we will probably never see it :( I would defiantly pre-order this route if it was to be made :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

With regards to the Class 222, we might be best off waiting until Great British Railways kicks off as I believe that licencing will be with them at that point as there is alleged to be a completely new branding to British trains. The 220-222 family of DEMUs is often requested and would be a great addition.

• Like Like x 1
  4. anonymous260

anonymous260 Member

Great suggestion:)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Wolfovizer

Wolfovizer Well-Known Member

There all meant to be the same livery/branding so while we might be able to get the Class 222 it probably wouldn't be in the current livery which is a shame unless the livery also gets transferred to Great British Railways.

6. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Absolutely. The 1st page of the suggestions forum has loads of Scottish stuff so Scotland is certainly here to stay!
    I really hope this turns into reality - this or Fife, Ayrshire, North Clyde, West Highland or Inverclyde.

• Like Like x 2