Edit 1 Tile At A Time.. Derby Sheff Man Route

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jetgriff, Aug 30, 2020.

1. jetgriff

jetgriff Well-Known Member

Been playing again... since talking about the Pullman on the Park Lane line, I never finished that part of the route....
    >so what I have done is (see the white lines in picture?) they mark a "tile" boundary. well I altered the track and signalling etc on that tile.
    >Then went to the route content and copied "tile 000407+005683" and put into folders I created to match the ones in the route .i.e MixMap, Network, Terrain etc.
    >Reinstalled the route so the modification were not there...
    >Then just copied and pasted those few files back into the route and all mods done again..
    What it means is that I can modify just 1 or 2 tiles and it does away with the need to upload the whole route...
    which is good because I noticed no down starter at Castle Brom either.. kbs insted mgbs tile.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

When sectors were introduced to ETS2 this became a great way of editing small parts of the map and also enabling you to mix and match different creators sections without them cancelling part or all of each others modifications out.
    Surprised this hadn't been done with TS already if I'm honest. :)

3. jetgriff

jetgriff Well-Known Member

After 10 years creating routes i was always so busy doing and not looking into ways of making it easier to edit. There were ways to merge 2 routes etc but the tile numbers and DEM files would have to match.
    I was able to merge my Birmingham Route into my Derby Man Sheff because at the start I had cloned one route to save track rules etc and Derby, the joining area had the same tiles. One snag was the DEM files I used different ones causing a 2 metre drop in terrain around Derby but was able to lift some parts and hid the join in other parts with tree lines.
    Always interesting looking deep into files..