Editor And Quick Drive!!!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by rosariabarone780, Apr 14, 2020.

1. EDITOR and Quick Drive.

• Like Like x 9
  2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

They have been asked for these things before but after this in-depth analysis how could DTG refuse?

• Like Like x 4
  3. BjornGroen02NL

BjornGroen02NL Well-Known Member

ROFL, this is indeed a very in-depth analysis XD

• Like Like x 2
  4. I do not think that technicalities or many words are needed very much, when (with a lot of arrogance) who should make at least an update of the state of the works, do not cares about his customers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. kikelj.blaz

kikelj.blaz Member

With dissapoint number of services for new german shunting loco now we need editor more than ever!
    People should be able to make their own scenarios for every route and every loco which can be driven there. Scenarios would than be uploaded on website and players would download them and play.
    It obviously can be played only on routes and with locos you have.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  6. PeterNeutron

PeterNeutron Active Member

Editor = User created Content = nothing to sell
    No Editor = Control over Content and Control of what to develop and to sell

And furthermore the Unreal Engine is perfect for a more or less baked and closed system where it is real hard to develop Mods when the gamedesigners dont want it to. Have you never asked why TS has an Editor with so many developers making money whereas TSW is ultra complicated for route/ train devs?

DTG is unable or unwilling to connect Rhur Sieg North and East to one complete route which is drivable, but splitted it as 2 seperate money making DLCs.
    Dont get me wrong, i like TSW very much and love the Ideas like the 24h timetables etc but its business philosophy is to make cash and not to make editors and stufe where other people than DTG can earn money as well.

• Like Like x 2
  7. npalmer405

npalmer405 Member

I love TSW and I wish to see editor and steam workshop mods. But when you think about it TSW is Business class and TS20 is coach class. Being that TSW is a better game they think they don’t need editor. But for TS20 is not as good as TSW and needs an editor. Also for TS20 they make you get a whole bunch DLC to download anything of the stuff on the workshop.

8. They do a bit like they think.
    But if a Quick Drive does not arrive at the TSW and, at least, a scenario editor, the program will never totally take off.
    In this type of games the community is worth 60% of the program itself.