Gameplay Editor Crashing When Attempting To Play?

Discussion in 'PC Editor Discussion' started by The7Train, Mar 2, 2024.

1. The7Train

The7Train Active Member

Hi all, back again with more issues lol.

I've been trying to play in the editor several times in the last hour and every single time I press play it continually crashes with the below error:
    upload_2024-3-2_12-22-11.png

2. Myron

Myron Well-Known Member

I don't know what way you try to play it but I'd try to right-click the view window in the middle of the main Editor window and select "Play from here"... your error code says something about access violation, so you surely did something wrong.

3. The7Train

The7Train Active Member

That is what I'm doing. I've been doing it that way fine for months until today when all of sudden nothing wants to work.

4. Myron

Myron Well-Known Member

have you done something to the game that may made this happen?

5. Isaak

Isaak Well-Known Member

Have you added a new type of pathing to a service (e.g. from/to a track you didn't send a train to from a certain position before)? I have found that if a certain route isn't set up correctly PIE and simulation crash without a related error in the log if you route a service that way.

6. The7Train

The7Train Active Member

Nope, I’ve even tried playing without a timetable specified just to see it. I’ve also played with timetables that just have formations.

7. jackthom

jackthom Active Member

I would try loading one of the official maps and checking you can initiate play in editor for that without problems.
    I’m guessing you don’t have a backup of your route plugin that you can reload.

• Like Like x 1
  8. RobertSchulz

RobertSchulz Well-Known Member

The error log does not give any further information about why exactly the Editor is crashing. Crashes with EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION Errors happened to me all the time when laying track or the save game didn't work and as you see these are completely different topics.

As jackthom said it's better to make regular backups of your plugin with all of its files within. Then you can recover one of your previous states even if you would lose some progress.

But one thing for sure is that is has something to do with a something you did in the time went by you played the Level for the first time.

Also another tip here: Play your level quite regular to see if things work out well. I missed to do so once in my progress and now I have to keep with an error which lets me play the editor but is unfortunately very annoying.

9. The7Train

The7Train Active Member

Hi everyone, it turned out to be an issue with one of my timetable folders. I never determined the cause, but as soon as I moved the timetable folder out of the directory it stopped crashing.

• Like Like x 2