PC [editor Download] - Tsw 2 & Tsw 3 Unofficial Editor V0.3.3 + Tutorials

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by trainsimcz, Sep 10, 2021.

1. trainsimcz

trainsimcz Well-Known Member

Which version of the editor ? Which route ? Can you post a screen with the error ? Typing like something crash and not provide any more informations about that is not really helpful :)

2. enri.reali

enri.reali Member

missing genericdiorama track textures and meshes

3. enri.reali

enri.reali Member

missing ts2prototype.sln

4. ScottN

ScottN Active Member

Why in the level editor is it dark in this new version on the editor? But it’s light in the editor for TSW2. I tried disabling antialiasing no avail

5. Will

Will Active Member

To be honest I think I broke that part when trying to improve how one of the functions worked. DTG added a new type of splines but that is only used on the latest routes.

6. Will

Will Active Member

Not sure, but I'll have a look at it before the next update. The only changes to the TOD should of been adding V4 but I'm guessing V3 got messed up.

7. ScottN

ScottN Active Member

I changed the settings on the editor to unlit and I can see the tracks and scenery but the sky is still dark. When making custom scenarios from the editor with a new train formation but I exceeded the limit and it’s nowhere to be seen. I notice a Tiles folder is included with the default scenarios. Why is a Tiles folder needed if it’s in the Maps folder?

8. Will

Will Active Member

The 'Tiles' folder is only needed if the custom scenario is adding extra scenery. Any extra tiles in the map folder will appear on every scenario and in timetables.

9. trainsimcz

Which map are you trying to open ? What i know .umap files are impossible to open in the editor (only if you duplicate them or create new map file). So if you create your map file then you need to place TOD info that map to see the light.

10. ScottN

ScottN Active Member

The map from the Peninsula Corridor

11. enri.reali

enri.reali Member

convert ts2prototype.exe to sln format for c++ file to work!!!

12. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

How are people getting on with this? Anything interesting being created.

13. josh_the_tech

josh_the_tech Active Member

Once I finally get free time, I'm going to continue working on my GWE scenario, which is based on a 2018 timetable, albeit with some incorrect for the era stock because we only have HSTs, 166 and GX 387s, but they're all going into it. Wanted to do a proper scenario pack but it all depends on how much time I get.

• Like Like x 6
  14. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Is it just me or is the link non-functional? Getting "page not found" error.

15. jackthom

jackthom Active Member

You need to have a GitHub account and also sign up with Epic Games. Then you can link the two accounts when you receive an activation email.
    That should allow you to reach the download page without being bumped out.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  16. cantonn100

cantonn100 New Member

Will future versions of the unofficial editor include capabilities to create your own route and rolling stock?

17. trainsimcz

yeah, that is our goal but we still have long way to go.

• Like Like x 2
  18. ffabio89

ffabio89 Active Member

Nice to hear that, I'll be waiting for that's features!

19. TSW Nathan

TSW Nathan Well-Known Member

I love the idea of using that but when I use the link I just get a 404 error

• Like Like x 1
  20. cantonn100

cantonn100 New Member

If the unofficial editor gets track laying and route creation capability, Train Sim World could become a serious competitor to Trainz railroad simulator. It would be nice if there is community created rolling stock in addition to those created by Dovetail. Community created rolling stock could create more realism on North American freight rail routes with more diversity in rolling stock liveries, car designs, and locomotive designs.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Rich_84

Rich_84 Active Member

Hi, could someone please tell me how I view a route timetable, I'm trying to view the Bakerloo line timetable in the editor.

22. Will

Will Active Member

You'll firstly need to mount the Bakerloo line pak file in the editor (Under 'Editor Preferances->Unoffical Editor->Train Sim World') then go to 'Bakerloo_Route_Gameplay/Timetable' in the content browser.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Suppose this goes for any type of content editing, right? If I want to combine content (create a consist from multiple DLCs), do I need to mount them all?

24. Will

Will Active Member

Pretty much, unless you want to edit existing content then you must extract the pak file. For creating any new content, the paks can be mounted and you only need to have the DLCs that are being referenced mounted.
    So if the consist contains vehicles from two separate DLCs, both DLCs must be mounted.

25. cantonn100

cantonn100 New Member

I had already created my Github and Epic Games accounts. I had linked these two accounts together. However I still get the 404 this is not the web page you are looking for error.

26. Will

Will Active Member

Make sure you have also joined the Epic organisation on GitHub as well as linking your account. You should have an email with an invitation to join it. https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/ue-on-github

27. rogago

rogago New Member

Hello.

I made a mod for the Cologne BR423 where I changed the EbuLa texture. But I don't understand how to zip the file. My pak file is not seen by the game. It seems to me because I have AssetRegistry.bin configured incorrectly.
    Can you please advise how to get this file or how to properly package my mod. Thanks

28. Can you lay track and make terrain?

Sorry I haven't got an account at github, yet.

Is it very similar principles to TSC editor?

Create 3d models and import them in etc?

29. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Laying track and creating trains is something the modders want to implement but it's a very complicated task so they will need time to actually implement it

• Like Like x 2
  30. Thanks....

31. The7Train

The7Train Active Member

I'm having an issue downloading this. I've already linked my github account to my epic games account and I still get the 404 error not found. Can someone help?

32. The7Train

The7Train Active Member

Disregard earlier comment.

The editor looks great, however without a readme or tutorial guide I'm lost. I'm trying to add a custom routing for LIRR, but how do I add the map in to the editor and edit a specific made scenario made from the in-game editor?

33. ffabio89

ffabio89 Active Member

There's a video on YouTube that's show you how to do that, if I remember correctly: try to search "Unofficial editor, how to make scenarios" or similar.

I'll building a written tutorial but only in Italian....

34. The7Train

The7Train Active Member

That shows me how to build it but not how to set it up.

Like right now when I try to cook something it does not give me the option to do it, see below:
    [​IMG]

35. trainsimcz

You cant edit scenario made with ingame editor. Ingame editor is completely different and it is saving scenario like a basic UE4 save file. What you can do is you can edit scenario path file to add more paths which you can use. But that will work only for you if you dont share that updated path file with other users.

But of course in our unofficial editor you can create your own scenario... more complex one then with ingame editor, but that require some work and basic knowledge of UE4 editor. For creating scenarios (at least the basic), you can use some DTG tutorials where they showed their work in editor.

36. The7Train

The7Train Active Member

No no, that's not what I mean. How can I add a PATH to it, like this below so I don't have to go through the whole process of making it in the unoffical editor?
    [​IMG]
    And I also can't cook assets I created, it does not give me the option to do it other then the basics (see photo below).
    [​IMG]

37. ScottN

ScottN Active Member

How do I get them to show up in the scenario menu for a route? How can I make a scenario for Sand Patch if there isn’t much track scenery in the map?

38. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

Should this work with TSW2/TSW3 installed from MS Store, or just Steam?
    I tried it, and it has a lot of issues, unable to load assets.
    I'm thinking that one possible reason is the way the files are stored on disk: during the installation, I was asked where TSW3 is, and I pointed to G:\XBoxGames\Train Sim World 3 directory. However, all routes are installed alongside the game directory, e.g. G:XBoxGames\SEHS Extended, not under the TSW directory. Could this be the reason for the failures?

Thanks!

39. ScottN

ScottN Active Member

So how can I get the custom scenarios to show up in the route under scenarios and yes I watched trainsim cz’s video on how to do it but can’t get them to show up?

• Like Like x 1
  40. ahmedshabaan#7935

ahmedshabaan#7935 New Member

This editor is very cool, but there is a problem that I am facing, which is that it is not possible to modify the maps inside the game and modify the scenarios within them. Also, I cannot add a new model inside the existing maps. Is there a specific way to do this?
    upload_2023-2-25_0-29-35.png

Attached Files:

41. Cygnific

Cygnific Well-Known Member

You can not edit/add to existing maps with the editor, watch this Youtube https://www.youtube.com/live/NhvpkRcM19Y?feature=share&t=900 video explaining how, starting at 15:00.

The only way to delete certain assets is by editing the uassets directly.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  42. ffabio89

ffabio89 Active Member

43. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

I am trying to do texture replacement mods, and after opening the .pak file of a DLC, I can browse and view the files in the UE editor, but I can't export them into .png or .tga. In the Asset Actions -> Export option there is no image format available.

Any tips why that may be? Or how are you supposed to turn the .uasset textures into actual image files?

44. pilot21

pilot21 Well-Known Member

When I try to make a scenario in the editor, in the timetable I can't select a destination for the train. The dropdown menu is just blank. After the scenario has been packed the placed trains are standing on the track but are not moving. I followed all steps in the tutorial.

45. trainsimcz

You need to first load all TT tiles for that list of the marker points.

• Like Like x 1
  46. ScottN

ScottN Active Member

I saw the same tutorial video and am mixed up on the Ruhr Sieg Nord content if you cook the whole mod or making your own plugin for custom scenarios? My scenario doesn’t show up in the menu for the route maybe I missed a step. But we don’t see what you’re doing when making a pak file.

47. pilot21

pilot21 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the answer. Now i can select the destination. However when i start the scenario the AI trains are still not moving and all signals are red.

48. PortlandAreaRailfan

PortlandAreaRailfan Member

when i click on link it says page not found

49. NS_0307

NS_0307 New Member

I’ve attempted to create two scenarios so far, one for Sand Patch Grade and the other for Boston Sprinter, but I am unable to have objectives shown for the player on both scenarios. The AI trains work no problem. I have selected to have objectives created and have listed the player services for both on each of their scenario definitions, but it still does not work. I saw someone else had this issue, but the resolution wasn’t shown.

50. trainsimcz

Try to open some existing scenario in editor and you will see that just checking that Generate service objectives is not enought. You need to choose objective composer class and Scenario Manager class.