PlayStation Electric Brake On The Db Br 143

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Trainzdriver328, May 5, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Trainzdriver328

Trainzdriver328 Active Member

Hello, does anyone know how to brake electrically on the DB BR 143? I know that the DB BR 143 brakes electrically already, but isn't that so little electrical braking force. Can I somehow increase the electric braking force?

2. Railmaster

Railmaster Well-Known Member

In which driving situations do you want or do you really want to brake? Regarding your last question, you now know that this type of brake is intended more for regulating the speed, less for braking hard!

However, the 143 has some different brake settings, which I have not tried yet. Therefore I do not know to what extent this affects the locomotive brake. But that doesn't change the different way these brake systems work.

3. Trainzdriver328

the answer to the first question: the situation when you drive e.g. 120 km / h and then brake down to 85 km / h because of a 1000 Hz signal.

4. Railmaster

Railmaster Well-Known Member

This is a classic case for the entire train brake! As I said, the elec. Brake rather to regulate the speed, not for quick or quicker braking. Why don't you use the normal train brake? And do you drive with AFB?

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Trainzdriver328

yes, I drive with AFB. You also have to do this as a rule, but the additional control is only used in shunting or if the AFB is not working. And I always brake with the normal train brake, but the problem is that the normal brake doesn't use that much electrical braking force, almost not at all.

6. Air France 4590

Air France 4590 Member

You have to brake with the normal brakes and the electric braking activates automatically with it ; but you can’t control the electric brake independently