Electromagnetic Rail Brake On The Intercity (br 101 Dlc)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by JustusLM, Feb 12, 2022.

1. JustusLM

JustusLM Member

So, I recently noticed that the brake setting is set to "R" by default on the IC coaches that come with the DB BR 101 DLC. This would mean that, technically, you're only allowed to drive them at 140 km/h.
    But, no worries, I thought, I'll just set them all to "R+Mg", which should activate the electromagnetic brake in an emergency brake application above 50 km/h.

However, they don't descend onto the rails, and the stopping distance with "R" and "R+Mg" is exactly the same. At least "G" and "P" are properly implemented, and the brake cut off and release work, too.
    But I still would like to have the electromagnetic brake, not only for realism but also because, similar to the eddy current brakes on the ICE, I'd imagine it would look pretty cool to see them come down.

Now, my question is: Am I missing something? Is it not enough to set the lever to "R+Mg", is there another step I need to do or are the Mg brakes just not implemented?
    And, if any moderator reads this, if they aren't implemented, are there plans to add this functionality in the future?

2. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

3. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

Mg or eddy current brakes are not a thing yet in TSW. They are not simulated at all. For whatever reason (maybe because it looks cool) on the ICE it is animated but does not have any effect. With the IC coaches and the BR612 they were not animated and not implemented at all.

• Like Like x 6