Emd F Or E Units

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by kalteVollmilch, Mar 9, 2019.

1. kalteVollmilch

kalteVollmilch Well-Known Member

Especially the EMD F3 and F7 are very well known and easily recongnizable locos (pics and more info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EMD_F-unit ).
    I think having them in TSW would be really nice in combination with a route from the same era.
    These locos simply sound and also look stunning, and I really want to drive them
    Edit:
    I only mentioned the F series in my original post. While the F series was meant for freight service, but ended up being used both for freight and passenger service, the E series was meant for passenger service only. They did not use one 16 cylinder engine like the F series did, but rather used 2 12 clyinder engines. Because of that, the weight of the loco increased, forcing EMD to put them onto 6 axles rather than four. The locos also were longer and had a more streamlined look.
    No matter what series you look at, they both look gorgeous.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  2. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

Awesome! We need the ATSF units and a Super Chief or El Capitan consist. I agree that a route needs to be made. If we get ATSF, we could get both blue/yellow and Warbonnet F7s, Warbonnet E8s, or blue/yellow FTs plus freight and passenger cars.

• Like Like x 1