Emd Sd70 Loco For Us Freight Routes(cane Creek And Spg)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by soumyamistri, Aug 3, 2021.

1. soumyamistri

soumyamistri New Member

SD70 loco is one of the common locomotives found in US railroad, with straight as well as flared radiators.
    It has been a workhorse for Union Pacific and other Grade A railroads including CSX Transportation.
    Like the Dash 8 addon for the SPG route of TSW2, DTG should add SD70 loco as well for both the routes(Especially Cane Creek, where it is a common sight).
    [​IMG]
    Union Pacific SD70ACe-T4 locomotive 3032 with nose mounted headlamps

[​IMG]
    CSX 4761 SD70 with flared radiators and forehead mounted headlamps.

I wish devs could look into this matter and bring the addon for both the routes. :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Issue would be to pick which model to bring, as both railroads don't use exactly the same model of SD70s.

Union Pacific has 3 variations of SD70Ms, 2 variations of SD70ACe/AH, and the SD70ACeT4.
    Up-sd70-model-wp.jpg

CSX uses SD70MACs, but sold their small SD70ACe fleet to Progress Rail in 2017, and only has 10 SD70ACeT4s.

With the fact that DTG only included 1 version of the Dash 8 (And not the Conrail varient) It is most likely that only 1 version would be made of each loco, unless introduced in a new route in the future.

• Like Like x 3
  3. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

It would be nice to see this iconic American freight loco in the game, but i would prefer to see it in a route add on instead of a loco add on. Why? Well, Cane Creek is a slow branch line, and there are very few services. I'd rather see these locos run on a mainline freight route with more services, so their true potential can be reached in TSW2.

• Like Like x 4