Emd Sd70m

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by arlandall, Jan 15, 2021.

1. arlandall

arlandall New Member

Hi,
    I'm new here - so hello everyone.

I love playing TS2021 and have had a lot of fun with it during lockdown, but am having real trouble using the brakes on the SD70M. I just understand how to operate them. They don't to behave in the same way as other similar trains of this type in the game. I've tried operating them with the keyboard and also with the mouse (using both the games SIM controls and the actual brake lever in the cab). But nothing has worked for me. Either I'm not doing it right, or this particular train has a bug/glitch - it's probably me not knowing what I'm doing. Can anyone help me understand how to operate this train's brakes?

Thanks in advance.
    Allan.

2. NEC Railfan

NEC Railfan Well-Known Member

I don't own the 70M yet so I can't say much, but the last way you can control the brakes is with the F4 HUD, maybe that works?

3. arlandall

arlandall New Member

Hi, thanks for your reply. As I said in my original post, I have used all three options for operating the brakes - the game's own sim controls (HUD); the mouse in the cab, using the train brake lever; and the keyboard. I had expected the brakes on the SD70M to be similar to those on the UP Turbine (which can be a bit tricky, but you soon get used to them). Not so with the SD70M, they seemed unusable to me. If anyone actually knows how to operate these brakes, I'd appreciate your help. Thanks.

4. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

There are multiple SD70s in the game. Can you specify which one you are having trouble with? I have used the one on the Sherman Hill package and it seems to work fine.