Encourageing Dtg To Reach Out To Steam Sound Supreme In Regard To Spirit Of Steam

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Gabe_1.0, May 5, 2022.

1. Gabe_1.0

Gabe_1.0 Well-Known Member

Hi,

If you are reading this you're either excited about the Steamer coming on here or a dev. What I wanted to briefly talk about is that during TS 2022 Steam Sound Supreme have dedicated their superior skills to crank up the vanilla assets in the game to advanced level. I know the history of Steamers for TS 2022 is a bit wonky, unless you remember seeing the PRO range on the DLC store. What I wanted to bring up is that SSS have managed to show some impressive visuals on the default steamers such as water draining from the cylinder cocks, proper dynamic steam which behaved very very realistic. I'd be worth it reaching out to these guys to get the steamer as realistic as possible during the development or after, either way.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Well they have BMG already onboard

3. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I am sure SSS did the sounds for the DTG Riviera in the 50's route so they have worked with them, I think they also did the sounds for the TS Classic O4 and B1 locomotives. They are certainly the AP of the steam add-ons and there add-ons enhance the experience. I have many of the BMG TS Classic loco's and they have very good sounds, the Merchant Navy in particular.

4. trainnick77

trainnick77 Member

SSS did the sounds and physics for Riviera on the 50s.
    I think DTG have shown they are reaching to other developers, they have Armstrong powerhouse on board for sounds, Bossman for steam, and Skyhook for 3D models (I know skyhooks 3rt party add ons have come in for a bit of criticism, but their 3d modelling is excellent)
    I would not be surprised if they are talking to SSS.

5. VictoryWorks

VictoryWorks Well-Known Member

We did the Riviera 50 loco setups and particles based on our set ups at the time (as well as developing the driver assist) and have pushed realism and particle set ups further since then.
    SSS haven't done physics or particles as far as I'm aware (we did the recent 2MT for them). They are absolute masters of steam sounds! And they did do the Riviera 50's sounds :)

• Like Like x 7
  6. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

It doesn't really matter where DTG gets the sound from: they can still mess it up with mixing...

• Like Like x 2