PC Engineering Interruption - No Master Key Lever To Complete Scenario

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by rchnets8, Oct 16, 2020.

1. rchnets8

rchnets8 New Member

Hi, I've reached the end of the Isle of Wight Engineering Interruption scenario but can't complete it because i'm instructed to turn the master key lever to 'off' but can't interact with it.
    Regards

• Like Like x 1
  2. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

It'a a bit wonky but it's possible, I remember it took me a little bit of time as well

3. rchnets8

rchnets8 New Member

Thanks for the reply. I have scoured every inch to find the prompt that will allow me to interact with the lever (including crouching and zooming), but although I can see it I can't interact with it to turn it off. I can interact with the master key itself, but not the lever. The problem only exists for me at the end of this scenario.

• Like Like x 1
  4. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I don't remember exactly what I did but maybe I switched off the reverser and took the reverser key out and then did it, try maybe from standing up?

5. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I got the same problem. But I found a solution. Firstly when you get to the point where you have to turn around, reverse back into the station and only change ends one you have stopped and loaded passengers. (Don’t know if that makes a difference but I did it wrong in my failed attempt). Secondly, when you get to the end remove the master key before you are told to. I did it immediately after locking the doors. As soon as I applied the handbrake the scenario completed.

6. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Same issue. I did not try the workaround. I think this scenario is delivered incomplete. I think the idea is that the line is blocked. This is not announced or communicated. You just get the instruction to stop at Sandown South and then you are supposed to drive backward to Sandown. This is strange., you would expect to be instructed to shut down and change ends. I did that, to find out this is not like the scenario is designed. Then, at the final destination the master key lever was gone somehow. This is very disappointing. I hope this get fixed ASAP.

• Like Like x 2
  7. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

I had the same problem. I'm going to try the work-arounds discussed here. No matter how much you scan around the lever prompt does not come up.

Second try - I changed ends instead of reversing and the master key lever was gone immediately I started moving.

Third try, reversed at the turn around point stopping in station before changing ends. The moment you start to drive the master key lever was gone. Didn't bother trying to finish from this point. Its a bit disappointing.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  8. globbits73

globbits73 Member

I just had the same issue, and also changed ends without reversing back into Sandown first - it was only when I read back through the messages in the Schedule screen that I realised what the scenario intended me to do. When I retried the scenario and did reverse, only changing ends when it told me to, it worked fine.

I agree with others that either the scripting is broken and doesn't cope with you changing ends at the "wrong" time, or it needs an explicit step in the instructions to tell you to reverse back into Sandown Platform 1.

9. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

You wouldn't reverse into a platform , my first action was to change ends, and nor could i complete the scenario having the same issues with master key.

Hopefully we get some sort of announcement next week about fixes

• Like Like x 1
  10. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

They should just put the change ends part at the actual point that requires changing direction. Why would you want to reverse back a little bit and then change ends? It just complicates the scenario.

11. paul.pavlinovich

This appears to be fixed in the Isle of Wight update even though it didn't say so in the roadmap.

12. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

Nope, on Xbox Series X here, changed ends early, and now I can't complete the scenario...

• Like Like x 1
  13. paul.pavlinovich

I can confirm its working on PC

• Like Like x 1
  14. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

I'll submit a ticket about it still being broken on console, even if correct procedure is followed when changing ends, it is still broken, making Chapter 1 of Journey mode impossible to complete.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jamy

Jamy Well-Known Member

it's not working on PC (24th April 2021)
    Is the a keyboard short cut to remove it?

16. A11ICN

A11ICN New Member

I've found a solution through someone's youtube video.
    First, stand up from the chair, then fold the chair and stand with some distance from the lever.
    Next, if you look slightly below the master key lever, you can interact with the master key lever.

See his video from 46:50.

I also completed this scenario using this solution. (his video: TSW2, me: TSW3)

Last edited: Apr 8, 2023
  17. mnakano#3047

mnakano#3047 New Member

None of the above solutions worked for me, but I was able to solve the issue by opening the driver's side cab door from instead the cab. When it was open, I could then operate the master key lever.