Engineering Works Dlc

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by zakbevington, Mar 8, 2022.

1. zakbevington

zakbevington Member

Hi folks, my profession is a rail engineer and like many of us on here I have a deep passion for trains. So I'd like to suggest a DLC for existing routes in game (and maybe future routes) the engineering works DLC. This DLC would include.

Using tampers
    Dropping ballast from auto ballasters
    Delivering panels (pre-built sections of track) to site

I haven't decided if the DLC would be better incorporated in timetable mode (with existing timetables) or as new scenarios. However I do believe that this DLC would offer us the players diversity and something different all round. I do understand that this is only possible through the licensing of trains and dovetails magic so please let me know what you guys honestly think. Catch you in the next one:)

• Like Like x 4
  2. seanpward

seanpward Active Member

This is a good base idea but the updates to current routes isn't usually done unless they desperately need the update.

However...if they add a new train in that has the scenarios set for it, it could be used across multiple routes with specific scenarios for each one...I doubt this will happen but it's a idea none the less

3. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

On a related theme, we could have scenarios where single line working is in operation, thinking the classic UK routes. Stop to pick up the pilotman, reverse through the crossover to the opposite line, reverse again to run bang line past the worksite. Stop at the end of the section to set down the pilotman then through the crossover to regain the correct line. Obviously trains running “right road” in the opposite direction would not require to reverse and crossover but would still be subject to the SLW. It would have to be scripted to hell and potentially play havoc with the too tidy AI despatcher, but would add something a bit different. More modern double track routes might be equipped with bi directional signalling and facing crossovers which dispenses with the need for SLW/Pilotman working but still introduces some delicious disruption.

4. zakbevington

zakbevington Member

• Like Like x 2
  5. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

This is a good idea and for the BML work train, a Class 70 GE Diesel seen on a Geoff Marshall Video was used TFL Bakerloo line battery-electric including the clayton or Schoma Diesel locomotive. Germany & Austria DB BR247/248 DB BR1004 S-Bahn Hamburg & OBB 2016 all use PZB ETCS LZB & Sifa. US NEC Boston-Providence Amtrak GP-38 Positive Train Control BL20GH Metro-North Harlem Line