Euston-birmingum

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by djhawtin1, Apr 1, 2021.

?
  1. Yes

100.0%
  2. Yes

42.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djhawtin1

djhawtin1 Well-Known Member

Hello, i am suggesting route from London to birmingum, this route is 120 mile long.
    Trains
    slow train
    [​IMG]
    speedy train
    [​IMG]
    plz like for meh.

• Like Like x 3
  2. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Probably too long for a single TSW route. Maybe Euston to MKC or at a stretch Northampton.

3. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Why are the only options in the poll Yes and Yes. Kinda odd. Anyways I like the idea but 100+ mile routes are a long way off at the moment sadily.

4. creeperblox2710

creeperblox2710 Well-Known Member

One word: Memes.

5. Medellinexpat

Medellinexpat Well-Known Member

Something needs to change with this suggestion forum. The OP has opened up half a dozen vapid proposals like this in the past few days. This one is a peach. Firstly the ‘yes/yes’ poll, one of the destinations not even spelt correctly, little information and what is posted is incorrect (the pictures are the wrong way around). It makes a mockery and crowds out the people who put time and effort into preparing interesting and researched pieces.
    Note his ‘no choice polls’ aren’t new. The Fenchurch Street line is Yes or Maybe. Then he has another which asks the question ‘Do you agree or disagree’ and then gives you ‘Yes/No’ and another, where he suggests some changes to the livery editor (which he seems to take credit for) where he gives you the option of ‘all’ of the changes or ‘some’.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  6. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Agree. Think I noted a couple of weeks ago, this section could do with a little more moderation. Duplicate threads or suggestions should either be merged, or locked with a redirect to the centralised item. Then we have nonsense like the Saudi thread where the kid (as it turns out) simply cannot comprehend the purpose of the forum or accept people telling him the idea will never see the light of day. Maybe there needs to be a big, bold header at the top of the section to make it clear a post does not necessarily mean the route, loco or whatever will happen. Repeat spammers should be put on moderator approval for this section.
    My two cents...

7. djhawtin1

April fools.

8. Medellinexpat

I have already tried discussing that with DTG Natster without any result. She seems of the opinion that peoples requests need to be heard. On the Saudi thread that looked like trolling to me - the OP was clearly trying to make the conversation circular. With this poster his suggestions have shrunk in detail and the polls become more ludicrous. One wonders if he’s looking for a reaction as well.
    Many of the threads are of course repeat suggestions of well thought out proposals but the good work gets lost as its sinks in the forum order.
    As for banners stating rules I’m pretty sure they would be ignored. As for banning spammers that has the problem that it’s likely that many have multiple forum handles. I rather think that there are some taking advantage of the current light moderation regime and will continue to do so.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Medellinexpat

No djhawtin1 its not April fools. You’ve been playing these games, like the no choice polls, for some time. Just time to ban you. Last time you were abusive to me you went and hid behind DTG Natster - is that your plan again?

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  10. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Your argument with the OP on other posts notwithstanding, the wording of the post suggests humour, with the 390 marked as "slow train" and the 350 "fast train".

@OP, surely the fast train would be a fully loaded 66, with the 390 hauling cattle class from Liverpool to the big smoke?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Medellinexpat

ARuscoe so his other suggestions over the past week, which also lack detail and are full of errors and stupid polls were also a joke? Can’t have it both ways.

12. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

I agree with Medellinexpat a lot of dj's suggestions have been poor and kind of look like trolling.

• Like Like x 2
  13. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I didn't say anything about the other posts bar to refer to your ongoing "issues"
    I would suggest stepping away from said issues unless they're bringing something to your life that isn't evident

14. Medellinexpat

ARuscoe you’re an interesting person to talk about issues and your constant defense of this poster

as you say you’re here because you have little better to do

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  15. trainsimplayer

Agreed. dj's April fools post is too similar to a regular post. There are similarities which shouldn't be there. As much as I like an April fools joke, dj's posts are too similar to this on a regular basis.
    He asks for "constructive critiscm" which we give him, then he complains, hides behind mods, who say he's entitled to his opinion and locking the thread because we have ours. Like, what? That makes no sense.

• Like Like x 1
  16. trainsimplayer

cough cough "maybe" is a yes and a no, so it counts (c2c thread) Screenshot_20210402_120313.jpg
    And then there is this. Screenshot_20210402_120428.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  17. djhawtin1

tbh mate, you have no room to talk, you add litterally NO information about any routes you suggest and at least i put some time into it, so please just shut up because your such a Hypocrite

18. djhawtin1

i put yes and maybe AND no into posts and i forgot to put no into it and i dont normally edit my posts unless theres a big reason to edit like, a Typo or a train which doesnt run on the line and was retired a year earlier

19. trainsimplayer

The thing is, I do. See my Edinburgh - Newcastle post please.

20. trainsimplayer

• Like Like x 1
  21. Medellinexpat

@djhawtin so you forgot to put the ‘no’ into both Fenchurch Street AND Tees? Troll.

22. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Locking this thread.

It was clearly intended as a joke to begin with that wasn't quite understood by all participants.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.