Expanded Tgv Service Timetable

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by kevin.charb81, Feb 1, 2021.

?
  1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    68.8%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  1. kevin.charb81

kevin.charb81 Well-Known Member

Now that the Bakerloo timetable expansion has been dropped, could DTG please look at expanding the number of TGV services? Never mind a realistic timetable, the route feels a bit empty.

More importantly, excluding the 8 depot services, the route has only 48 full length services. Based on the $40 that I spent on this amazing route, it offers poor value at $0.83/service, especially when you consider the possibility of future DLC for the LGV highly unlikely.

2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Does it have more services using the existing train?

3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Who said expansion of the Bakerloo timetable had been dropped?

4. jamesbaby286

jamesbaby286 Well-Known Member

5. CrazyDash

CrazyDash Well-Known Member

But this is what it is like in real life. The only other trains that operate on this line are the older single decker TGV's and the Eurostar. There might be others but I can't think of any others on the top of my head. Something they could do is give the Eurostar its own dedicated route so that the Eurostar could be a layer on the LGV route. Adding the single decker TGV would double the amount of services currently on the route just like on Peninsula corridor between the F40ph and MP36ph having the same timetables, but they are merged together. There are also intercity and local trains that operate at Marseille St. Charles but they do not operate on the LGV line.

6. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

The issue isn't the lack of services but the lack of types of train. How many other routes also feel empty with one type of train. Bakerloo, IoW, all seem a bit Meh for that same reason.