Expected Time For Timetable Services Should Be Mentioned In Summary For Every Service

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by cyrill.kroonstuiver, Jun 4, 2021.

1. cyrill.kroonstuiver

cyrill.kroonstuiver Well-Known Member

Hey all,

Rather minor point, but as I'm seeing some routes do this, but some not. Sometimes like on Northern Trans Pennine it's only the services that come with BR Heavy Freight.

20210604162747_1.jpg 20210604162750_1.jpg

My point is, I find this to be a very helpful thing in deciding when to play certain services, and when not to.
    Sometimes you're just not in a position timewise to do a 70 min. service, but still wanna play Train Sim World. Or you simply don't feel like spending 70 minutes at that moment in time, which is fine too.
    Of course a lot of the time you can kind of guess how long a service will take, but I still think the estimated time should be mentioned for every service, standard no matter the type, freight, passenger, depot or shunting. No matter if it's just a 5 min. service or a 120 min. service.

And with that, I'd also really appreciate if DTG could change existing timetable service summaries to have the estimated time to complete the service in there as well if they haven't already.
    It's a rather small thing that doesn't require any technical changes to the game other than finding out the approximate length and just adding it in there. So I don't think it's too much work, and at least speaking for me personally, I'd really appreciate it :)

Thanks for reading, drop a like if you agree.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 12
  2. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. HaibaraHariko

HaibaraHariko Active Member

I believe they did this in SPG, Heavy Freight, OSD and the new RT timetable services. Really like this tiny little feature because I don't have to try every type of services and remember "these ones 10min those ones 40min". Don't know why they didn't add this to other routes.

• Like Like x 2
  4. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

I agree, the information is very useful to know before starting a service, but I think the main problem I have with (potentially) long services is the not so reliable save function. I've had issues after loading to an extent I don't "trust" the save function, don't use it anymore and "plan" to play SPG or CRR on Weekends so I can sit through a 2+ hours consecutive session...

• Like Like x 3