The Missing Link: Wuppertal To Essen

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by creeperblox2710, Nov 5, 2020.

Tags:
  1. creeperblox2710

creeperblox2710 Well-Known Member

As you all know, RRO and HRR are nearby and seprated from a small route and thats what i want in TSW 2. A Extention that goes from Wuppertal Hbf to Essen Hbf. That would not only add new Stations like Wuppertal-Vohwinkel but also a extension for the S9 and maybe a new Line, The RE49.
    Let's Start with the Stations. There are 15 Stations in the Extension, 4 of them already exist in either HRR and RRO.
    Stations
    Wuppertal Hbf
    [​IMG]

Wuppertal Hbf is the Terminus of many Routes of RRO it is also the Terminus of the RE49. This is the Start of the Extension and it instead of going towards Hagen Hbf, it goes towards Wuppertal-Vohwinkel.
    Wuppertal-Steinbeck
    [​IMG]

Wuppertal-Steinbeck is the Terminus for the short S9 in RRO the only trains that stop here are the S9 itself and the S8.
    Wuppertal-Vohwinkel
    [​IMG]

Wuppertal-Vohwinkel is one the big Stations in this Route, multiple Lines stop here such as the S8, S9, RE 49, RE 4, RE 13 and RB 48. It is also the Terminus for the S68 (which has the BR 420 in it)
    Velbert-Langenberg
    [​IMG]

Velbert-Langenberg is a Station that is located in the Old Town of Velbert. It is also a beautiful Train Station since there is a Church nearby.
    Essen-Kupferdreh
    [​IMG]

Essen-Kupferdreh is a Train Station that is located near a Highway, The A44. It is also a Elevated Station.
    Essen-Steele
    [​IMG]

Essen-Steele is one of the Stations that is in HRR. This Station is served by the S1, S3, S9 and RE 49. There's also a Line that terminates here, The RE 14.
    Essen Hbf
    [​IMG]
    Essen Hbf is the end of the Extension, alot of Lines stop at this Station including ICE Lines. This is also part of HRR (as you people know).
    Trains
    Flirt3XL
    [​IMG]

I know, I know both of these Routes are in years before new trains for the route but it could be great to add the Flirt3XL here.
    The Flirt3XL operates multiple Routes in the NRW such as the S2, S3, S9, (S28), RB 32, RB 40 and the RE 49. It has alot of nice Colours in the Interior aswell as in the Exterior.

Extras
    For the Extras it would be great to add a diffrent Railway Crossing since there is one that has a diffrent type of Railway Crossing.
    [​IMG]
    But not only that. It would also be great to add functional Platform Displays like in Munich-Augsburg.
    Here's an example of one of the Platform Displays in this extension.
    [​IMG]

That is all now for this Suggestion.

• Like Like x 17
  2. Renfe cercanias

Renfe cercanias Active Member

NO . I would like to shaw other countries .....

3. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Now I think rro does need to be extended as I really enjoy driving that route. But personally I think there is way too much german content and I believe dtg needs to do some other stuff like more MODERN British routes or american passenger routes like the MTA Metro North Railroad or Amtrak or go to other countries

4. jeremydunn8

jeremydunn8 Well-Known Member

German players are getting so spoiled...

I would like to see more American content. Or content from countries we’ve never seen before. Yes I know that there’s a French and a Swiss route coming, don’t give me that BS, but these are still European. Something from Japan would be cool at some point.

For American content, I would like to see a little bit of everything. But we definitely need a light or heavy rail route first. Next I would suggest a mainline passenger route, and finally, more freight, perhaps Norfolk Southern. But please, DTG, get train announcements right before an American metro train.

• Like Like x 1
  5. CC Johnson

CC Johnson Active Member

Same as the RSN/RRO merger, I fully support this.
    Hell, when we're at it, why not bring out 1 DLC that not only closes the gap but makes all of it one big route. I'd pay for that.

For everyone saying no because they'd rather get something else: Why do our wishes have to be exclusive? Do you know how many proposals I see I don't care for? What to do? I just move on.
    Please stop posting "No, because I want something else", instead make your own thread for your idea and see how much support you get, or support something else.
    It is okay that our wishes differ, you don't always have to say what you do NOT want, cause other people might.

Also, France and Switzerland are coming. These are other countries, aren't they? Plus more american routes; and SE Highspeed is modern british, is it not?

Furthermore, we are not spoiled just because I want something else than you. That's just dumb. And there are just as many british routes as there are german ones.
    I vote with my wallet, I own all german routes and locos but only a few of the rest. Do the same. In the end, DTG will do what they want and what they think will sell best.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
  6. jeremydunn8

Since when did I deny that non-German routes were coming? Heck, I even addressed that in my post. I’ve given a few proposals on the forums, but I continue to see tons of German content added. I know this has largely stopped, and other things are coming, but if you want me to suggest something like you said you did, I suggest new American passenger routes.

Yes, I did get off topic a bit in my post, but I felt the need to bring attention to something I want personally, to see the response I would get (which clearly wasn’t a positive one).

Also no offense was meant when I said that German players were getting spoiled, I was trying to repeat a dumb joke.

So let me just say I’m not opposed to this suggestion, I just think there should be other priorities at the moment to make more players happy.

7. CC Johnson

CC Johnson Active Member

This was more of a general rant as I see this time and again and not adressed at one single person per se.

I suggest seperating your thoughts, though. Write in this thread only what pertains to the OP's idea. For your own, open your own thread.
    And in general, please no "I don't want that" comments. Just ignore it.

As for the spoiled joke, I don't get it, sorry.

Oh, and for the priorities, every one got his own. So saying what you think is more important is also better suited to post seperately, or not at all. No need for us to sort that out, that's DTG's job.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2020
  8. jeremydunn8

Ok, thanks for understanding. What I was saying is that the German route lovers are getting spoiled by all the German content that’s being released. The reason I don’t want my own thread for this is because a thread of my specific opinions would be kind of stupid. This is not that important and I know it. So I’ll try to just ignore it like you do in the future.

Now that I’ve gone off topic so much, I’m gonna come back to the original post, which was actually a decent proposal. I’d definitely buy both of these routes if this were a thing, especially with the new suggested loco. The new loco is different from the typical same old TRAXX-style ones, so I would enjoy running that.