External Hardware Support

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by LightningPORTO, Oct 18, 2020.

1. LightningPORTO

LightningPORTO Member

Is it just me or DTG is just overlooking the extreme importance of the so called "external hardware " / raildriver support?

I think it is one of the most important things to immersion and im building my own cab just to play this with it.

BUT, it wont come out of in development or whatever... Just get a UI designer to do it in a week and baam ,deliver. WIN WIN

2. FeralKitty

FeralKitty Well-Known Member

Not being overlooked.

It's in production, DTG is working on it, and Sam had just discussed it in a very recent stream.

• Like Like x 1
  3. xavpin234

xavpin234 Member

in fact the technology is working but they lack a UI artist to produce the necessary interface

4. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Check the roadmap!

5. mattdsoares

mattdsoares Well-Known Member

Haha, sorry DTG but this is a such a Micky Mouse bush league response. Too often a company of 150 acts and speaks like a company of 4 dudes working out of Matt P's basement. It just smacks of a shoestring, bare minimum company. For a company DTGs size and with the revenue and net profit they have to suggest they're not implementing a feature that's technically complete because they don't have a UI designer is embarrassing. I feel bad for Sam having to give that answer. It's one of those where you can't help but look at DTG and just shake your head and go..."what are you doing?"

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  6. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

Do we want to bet on how far this will come? Same as the Bakerloo line extension for example?

Let's get back here in 2021 to talk again about this. I'll be the first to apologize if needed.

• Like Like x 2
  7. LightningPORTO

LightningPORTO Member

Finally someone who understands my point.

Don't get me wrong, I love the work they are doing right now, but it seems way too many excuses.

I'm that guy that most of the road map streams is pushing to know more about it and the answer is always the same.

I KNOW IT'S ON THE ROAD MAP, I WANT TO SEE IT OUT OF IT!

8. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Maybe the quote got lost in translation. We have UI artists on the team, but creating the interface for external hardware is only one of the things they're working on. Preserved Collection requires UI work. New routes require UI work. There are few things that don't impact the UI in some fashion or another.

External hardware is coming, it's on the roadmap, but there are only so many things a the designers can do at once.

• Like Like x 4
  9. LightningPORTO

LightningPORTO Member

Thanks for the reply Sam,

I know what it takes to do everything, I´ve worked with UE4 before, however, it really is a must have feature to have in such a great game, does not look like an over complicated thing to design.

As someone said before, is it too much trouble? Perhaps the priorities are something else, yes I get it, but it´s not that hard...

Anyways, I´m going to continue waiting patiently.