PC F40 Crash To Desktop When Braking For Stations.

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by potatoefan#2838, Aug 31, 2021.

1. potatoefan#2838

potatoefan#2838 New Member

When trying to complete MBTA Stoughton #925 as part of Chapter 5 in the Journey. I got twice a CTD when trying to complete this timetable. Then the third try on the way towards Route 128 the train brakes started to hiss loud. There was no alarm or anything, and yes safety systems where turned on. Even when hitting the Q key and in neutral brakes kept locked up.

2. EchoKilo

EchoKilo Member

Trying to drive the F40PH-3C is almost guaranteed to cause an UE4 crash for me. My last two attempts ended while approaching Boston Back Bay and Ruggles respectively (I was driving MBTA Providence #815). Interestingly, it's only the F40PH-3C that causes crashes, CTC-3 cabcar and ACS-64 seem to have no stability issues, in my case anyway.

3. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

I don't have this crash issue but have worked out how to restart after the braking that randomly happens. Let it come to a complete stop. Put the brake into emergency, idle the throttle, reverser to neutral, acknowledge on the atcs/acses Adu (yes I know it didn't alarm), move brake to full service and wait for PCS light to go out, then release the brakes and go back to normal driving.

4. vincentnicholas202

vincentnicholas202 Member

I always got that issue for use auto brake into full service during next speed limit or stop at station