F5 Engine Info Won't Show Up

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by dwal1, Apr 8, 2021.

1. dwal1

dwal1 Member

Hey all. I haven't used the engine info text in a long time. I can't for the life of me remember how to get it up.
    I've tried just pressing F5, and closing the F3 HUD then pressing F5. But neither of those have worked.
    What am I doing wrong?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
  2. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Try F4 that's the full HUD, Unless you're referring to engine info (text info in top right hand corner of screen) that's F5 but HUD must be off (F3)
    Image2.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. dwal1

dwal1 Member

Yes I'm referring to the engine info. When I turn the HUD off and press F5 the engine info doesn't come up.

4. rickyt7808

rickyt7808 Member

How many times do you press the F5 key? It requires 2 presses to bring up all the information.

5. dwal1

dwal1 Member

Multiple times. That was one of the first things that I tried.

6. triznya.andras

triznya.andras Well-Known Member

Which train?
    Can you share a screenshot where you'd expect it to show up?
    Is it possible to alter keybindings in TS?
    It's always showing in the top left in full white text, so it may not be visible against a bright sky.
    I'm sure you know it has three states and every F5 cycles between them: Off, Minimal, Full.
    There might be a slim chance that something is wrong with the scripting which makes it fail.

7. dwal1

dwal1 Member

It used to always show up on the top left of the screen. I'm pressing F5 atleast twice and it's still not coming up.
    I don't believe it is possible to alter key bindings, could be wrong. All the keys around it work so I don't think that is the problem.
    So far it's not showing up with all of the trains that I have. The Corris loco, the WLOS Black 5, the default Black 5, the WHL 37, the WCML 86,
    Everything.

8. dwal1

dwal1 Member

After a bit of investigation I've suddenly fixed the issue. Something weird had gone on with the keybinding.

I've found if you go to your RailWorks folder\Assets\Kuju\RailSimulatorCore\InputMappers then open the 'Drive Mode' bin & 'Drive Mode' xml files in good old WordPad you can edit the keybindings.
    So I changed the keybinding for the Engine Info, booted TS, found it was working, closed TS, reopened the files, changed the keybinding back to F5, then booted TS again and found the default key was working again.

So yes you can edit all of the keybindings if you so wish. But before starting MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHAT ALL OF THE DEFAULT KEYBINDINGS ARE. If you don't you're are bound to end up with a clash.

9. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Makes more sense to make a Copy of the key bindings then rename it so if you do get stuck you have a Backup