F7 Cjp Needs More Power...

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by simonireland, Nov 18, 2022.

1. simonireland

simonireland New Member

...or smaller formations, as 3.5 hours to complete a service which should take an hour and twenty four minutes is a bit much. I spent over an hour and a half crawling up a 2.1 gradient, before the engine shut itself down and I ended up having to ditch half of my train just to make it up the hill. 20221118_125723.jpg

2. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

This is where banking comm would have been helpful which was never implemented. That way you can have trailing locos and go up the incline.

3. simonireland

simonireland New Member

Agreed, the ability to request banking locomotives via the radio would be a great feature in situations like this, but as you point out, with no functioning banking comms they would just add more weight

4. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

I have no idea why DTG thought A-B-A formations were appropriate for going up the hill. It’s truly terrible to drive those services. I feel like they’d have to use A-B-B-B-A formations to make the services more bearable.

• Like Like x 1
  5. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

In this case banking comm refers to the actual link between the locos in the consist to work in multiple, or DPU mode.

6. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

The F7 all "Why won't you just Take A Chance On Me? I'll be your Dancing Queen!"