F7 Passanger Service Us Freight Routes

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jesseneedsapsn, Jan 11, 2022.

1. jesseneedsapsn

jesseneedsapsn Member

I was thinking it might be nice to have the F7 from Clitchfield pull a “historical” passenger service on the US freight routes. It might be a nice way of just adding a passenger option to the existing timetables. I would assume the freight would still get the right of way, so that might make a nice gameplay element.

Plus the F7 is a beautiful locomotive and it would be nice if it could be used on more US routes.

I am aware this might not be historically accurate, or accurate to any current timetable. I’m also not sure what you would do about passenger carriages in North America. I suppose you could take them from the Boston Sprinter route, but they might feel a little out of place.

I’m also not sure what you would do about liveries. I don’t really have a problem with fictional liveries in this case, but I understand that’s not always the best option.

• Like Like x 3
  2. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

If a Santa Fe vintage route is made, an F7A and B in Warbonnet paint could be included. A WP FP7A/F7B or CB&Q or D&RGW F7A/B unit set could handle the California Zephyr. We need vintage 1950s routes with well-known named passenger trains in TSW2.

• Like Like x 1