[far Future Project Proposal] Main Spessart Bahn Timetable Overhaul.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by FD1003, Oct 18, 2020.

1. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

First, a couple of disclaimers: as I said in the title this is a project I want to see in after the Preserved Collection is fixed, I might re write a more accurate vesion of it in some months time or maybe I'll bump this post or I'll let it RIP.

This post will only cover passenger operations as I don't have avves to any freight train information, but on the freight side it could be similar to what we have now.

--------

There will be 4 type of services running up and down MSB.

-One is made of RE54 and RE55 which run hourly in al alternating fashion (i.e. RE54 -1h- RE55 -1h- RE54, etc...). Those stops are similar to what is categorized as "limited stops" in the current TSW timetable but they would run for the whole route lenght stopping at all stops except for Hosbach and Laufach.

-The second is a service which stops at every station and is classified as RB5829x which also runs hourly (but only at certain times of the day).

Then there is the RB58 which runs between Aschaffenburg and Laufach stopping at Hosbach.

At last there are some RB services that run between Lohr Banhof and Gemunden.

Full timetable will be attached.

--------
    Rolling Stock:

The Bombardier Twindexx (aka DoSto EMU) is very used on this part of the route, so we can't have an accurate representation of the real rolling stock. For this I propose the BR 425 for the RE54 and RE55 (which can be seen from time to time replacing a Twindexx) and for RB 58 (where was actually used before the RB58 was operated by HBL)

I'd use the BR146 + DoStos for the all stops RB services and a mix of BR425 and BR146 + DoStos for the RB between Lohr Banhof and Gemunden.

The BR143 can substitute the 146 as in the current timetable system.

[Also a bit of off topic, hopefully for everyone who buys the Hamburg - Lubeck will get the TSW2 DoStos and BR112 to use in older routes as well.]

-------

Time keeping and differences between TSW and RL:

Creating my own scenario I found that the real times can be applied to the sim, I haven't done in depth research but seems like a maximum adjustment of 2 to 3 minutes is needed.

--------

Also hopefully there could be a possibility to add the line that goes to Wurzburg so we can run some ICE services.

About pricing I would say I'd no more than 7 to 10€ for the new timetable, and no more than 15€ if we get an extension to Wurzburg (about 25€ if it includes the ICE rolling stock).

For choosing what timetable we would like to run we might have a sub menu after choosing MSB with the choice between for example "2016 timetable" and "2020 timetable".

Sorry for the long post and thanks JonnE for the link to the timetable.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 3