Fast Lane Scenario (ps5)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by cptainnevica#6145, Oct 24, 2021.

1. cptainnevica#6145

cptainnevica#6145 Member

Scenario : Fast Lane on London Commuter - PS5
    Objective : STOP AT LOCATION East Croydon (976 yards as I write this)
    Current Time: 18:34:57
    Target Arrival Time : 10:41:00 (‼️‼️‼️)

On arrival at East Croydon there is no request to “Load Passengers” the task simply becomes…
    GET MOVING Apply power to get moving (73 yd)
    Target Arrival Time is shown as. -:-:-

Once the train is moving the distance counter starts to count upwards from 73 yards to 0.6 miles and then resets to 68 yards and counts up to 0.6 miles again and then repeats. I have a red light at the train rear in East Croydon and no instruction to change end. The blue track marker suggests the train should be proceeding in the same direction out of East Croydon which makes sense since the destination is London Victoria.

Am I missing something here? I can’t believe I’m the only person to have seen this but haven’t found anything about it on the forums.

• Like Like x 1
  2. cptainnevica#6145

cptainnevica#6145 Member

Image of initial scenario screen attached. Notice the two times displayed.

Attached Files:

3. BobbyC

BobbyC New Member

Had exactly same on PS4.

4. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

Same on my PS4, I tried reversing to see if I could "trick it" to working for me... I passed a red signal instead . It's a broken scenario

5. leewood83

leewood83 Member

I managed to complete all scenarios on the PS5 but am back on the upscaled PS4 version currently particularly for rush hour routes and have the same issue.

6. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I see the error on the PS4 version. On the native PS5 version though, it’s fine for me. I played and completed it last night.

7. sebastovce

sebastovce New Member

The problem is still there - I tried sveral times on PS4, but no way to proceed after stopping at East Croydon.

8. pistiglione

pistiglione New Member

No, you must be doing something wrong, dtg said it's fixed in this last update, so it's fixed... It's something in your end, almost sure...
    Don't worry, I'm being sarcastic, it's not fixed in ps4, just tried after the update and it's all the same, even the message in options is still there...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Trainiac

Trainiac Well-Known Member

A fix for this scenario should’ve come with the latest update but for some reason, there hasn't

• Like Like x 1
  10. cptainnevica#6145

cptainnevica#6145 Member

DTG apparently read all these messages so…
    I have re-installed the PS5 version of TSW2 on my PS5 console and, as a consequence, lost all my action points, training tasks and scenario completions - thanks Dovetail !!! So it’s back to level zero for me !!!
    However, on a more positive note, the PS5 Fast Lane scenario now works… But it’s not actually the Fast Lane scenario. What was being presented to me as the Fast Lane scenario (the thing that didn’t work and subject of this thread) was in fact the “Slow Way Home” scenario.
    If this was any other product I’d be looking for compensation, telling people not to bother with it etc. But the truth is, this is a genuinely fantastic piece of software. I never would have believed I could spend so much time driving simulated trains, but I do. And I want TSW2 to be a massive success but... DTG you really have to get your act together! There is only so much your paying customers will tolerate. I’ve ditched this game several times but keep coming back to it. Not sure how many more cycles I can go through. DTG, please get your product testing and QA in order.

• Like Like x 1
  11. PHJ-MGF

PHJ-MGF Well-Known Member

This has been broken since the release, no matter how many times you tell DTG about it, it seems they are busier fixing sound or paint issues than actual gameplay. The very start should have been a giveaway for them when you had over 17hrs to get to the first destination. Once you arrive at East Croydon and get the distance fiasco, if you get out and run along the platform you'll find if you move to the rear of the train the distance will start to decrease, only to increase again when you get halfway along the platform. sideways away from the carriages also just increases the distance, so I can only assume we either need to dig down or levitate the train the required distance, because that's likely to be faster than an update that actually fixes this issue.

PS4 user.

• Like Like x 3