Faversham-dover Priory Extension For Sehs (or As A New Route)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Woroszyl The NS 2000, Nov 10, 2021.

?
  1. via Ramsgate

92.9%
  2. via Snowdon

21.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Woroszyl The NS 2000

Woroszyl The NS 2000 Well-Known Member

This would be good as a DLC for Southeastern High Speed or a new route. As you know from title, this DLC is a extension (or a route) from Faversham to dover Priory and it would contain services that 375's do + If it goes via Ramsgate, this will finnish St Pancras <> Ramsgate route for 395's, Cannon Street <> Ramsgate, Dartford <> Ramsgate and London Bridge <> Ramsgate routes for 375's and 465's.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Cannon street - Ramsgate - 2 trains per weekday in the morning peak class 375 only, none at weekends
    Dartford - Ramsgate - No trains on any day
    LBG - Ramsgate - 1tph each way class 375 only

For the most part trains past Medway (Rainham) from London to the Kent coast start at Victoria and go along the Chatham Main Line rather than East London and Dartford

3. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Problem is, DTG either can’t or don’t want to extend existing TSW routes. Numerous requests have been made re GWML, the oldest route in the game, with nothing ever happened.

4. Woroszyl The NS 2000

Woroszyl The NS 2000 Well-Known Member

So, this as new route?

5. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Each to their own, but personally I think we have enough South East Electrostar routes as it is!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I would probably have agreed with this originally, wanting to see other areas of the country represented, but actually, I quite like the fact that we now have a couple of routes which leave Brighton in the same direction and have the choice of turning right over the viaduct or carrying straight on towards London. It sort of gives the feeling of knowing the area a bit better, rather than just a section of track which could be anywhere. I'd actually be quite interested in seeing what's out there if we could turn left too!

That said, I'd still like the rest of the country to be represented, so maybe a midlands route first! Cough Birmingham X-City Cough

• Like Like x 1
  7. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I would prefer it if DTG picked a place and "networked" out of there so we end up with loads of services built around a hub, but then people would complain they're not seeing their own traction or locality represented.

• Like Like x 1