Favorite Legend Of Zelda Game

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by treid09, Oct 18, 2019.

1. treid09

treid09 Guest

Okay, I know this is completely unrelated to railways but I had to start this thread (this will most likely be the only time I post anything unrelated to trains here). After all, in the forum guidelines for off topic it says we can discuss the "airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow," right ? ;) I have only two reasons I have anything to do with electronics at all: railroads and the Nintendo video game series the Legend of Zelda (Super Mario Bros. too, but that's not the subject). I only really got into LOZ when I received Breath of the Wild for this past Christmas. Before that, Spirit Tracks was my favorite all time Zelda game (pretty much my only too). About four months ago, however, I received Skyward Sword which tied with Breath of the Wild as my all-time favorite video game. So my question is, do I have any fellow train simmers who are LOZ fans as well, and if so, what is your favorite game and why? I would love to hear from Dovetail staff as well, after all, they can't only play train simulator! Thanks and God bless!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2019
  2. Random Railfan

Random Railfan Well-Known Member

Breath of the Wild is my favorite by far. To be fair I haven't played Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, all the LOZ games for the Gameboy Color and Majora's Mask, but I have played some other really good Zelda games. I do prefer BOTW over Ocarina of Time because of its non-linear storyline and the ability to do whatever you want, without worrying about the story.

3. treid09

treid09 Guest

That is exactly why I love Breath of the Wild: it has an open world. I just bought Ocarina of Time and am really enjoying it, but it's not the same as BOTW. Actually, I only started playing BOTW almost three weeks after we got it. I had almost finished up Super Mario Odyssey, and didn't want to blast through it too soon. So, when I was bored one afternoon, I started BOTW. I then proceeded to play over two hours straight at least (abnormal for me). Also, if you can, try Skyward Sword, you won't be disappointed.

• Like Like x 1